Ionic 1.3 Release Candidate w/ Angular 1.5 update

Hello everyone,

I am looking for testers willing to test their apps with a pre-release version of Ionic 1.3.

This pre-release includes several bug fixes and migrates from angularjs 1.4.x to angular 1.5.x. We will have an official blog post and full release notes when we do the formal release. The version in the “build” output has not yet been ticked to Ionic 1.3.

In order to test, please download the .zip file from the nightly build here.

Once downloaded and unzipped, copy the css, fonts and js directories to the project’s www/lib/ionic directory.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns/feedback.

Thanks,
Dan

2 Likes

Sorry for the noob quiestion, but where can we find the changelog for 1.3, or at least, what to expect from the pre-realease?

Hi @bul_ikana, there is a changelog.html file in the .zip file.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

thank you for the build!

Why do you use the angular-ui-router 0.2.13? Is it possible to use the component based structure in angular with this version? I thought you can use it from version 0.2.18, can’t you?

And do you have an example with the component based structure? I don’t get it to work.
The controller is only executed when I write the directive to the DOM. If I try to load the content in an ion-nav-view the controller is never executed.

Thanks and regards,
Tobi

Hi Dan,

I’m working on deploying our app code as mobile website and I’m using Ionic 1.3. I noticed the following regression from 1.2.4: Ionic will try to load a template file from the web even though the template was already defined using a script tag on a different template. I doubled checked and this is a regression.

Besides, 1.2 release announcement (http://blog.ionic.io/announcing-ionic-1-2/) has a section on making Ionic compatible for mobile web development. I ran into some bugs related to that like inability to hide address bar and html5mode (none hashbang links) strange behaviors. Where can I report those?

Thanks,
Yosi

Hi @yosikal,

Thanks for the response. Please submit any issues to our Github repository’s issues section. That is the best bet.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @tobipohl,

We are using an older ui-router because we made some customizations to it and it’s stable on our end. Navigation in Ionic 1.x is complicated, so we are hesitant to make any changes to it and accidentally break everyone’s apps :slight_smile: . If enough of the community wants this, this is something we could revisit.

Here is a simple example of a component in the Ionic 1.3 RC.

Thanks for checking out the release candidate. We really appreciate it. The Ionic community is awesome! Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

thank you for your reply and the example! It is a good way to go on :slight_smile:

Regards
Tobi

Hi @danbucholtz,

how is the test going? We used it in some test projects and it worked fine.
The problem is that it’s not officially released and we are unsure if we should use it in new projects.
But it would be absolutely awesome if we could. Can you give me some information about a release date?

Thanks and regards
Tobi

Hi @tobipohl,

We’re planning on releasing 1.3 today if everything goes well at HQ.

Thanks,
Dan

2 Likes

hi @danbucholtz,

it seems that everything went well :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot
Tobi

great to hear you released the update. is it save to update ionic and angular if my app has just some api calls to the web?

Hi @Mengwasser,

The upgrade should work fine. Please give it a shot and let us know if you run into any issues!

Thanks,
Dan

HI. I’m having a weird problem while updating to Ionic 1.3

ionic.bundle.js:26771 TypeError: $$animateJs is not a function at prepareAnimation (ionic.bundle.js:46209) at initDriverFn (ionic.bundle.js:46199) at invokeFirstDriver (ionic.bundle.js:47255) at Array.triggerAnimationStart (ionic.bundle.js:47101) at nextTick (ionic.bundle.js:44491) at scheduler (ionic.bundle.js:44461) at ionic.bundle.js:47123 at Scope.$digest (ionic.bundle.js:30266) at ionic.bundle.js:30411 at completeOutstandingRequest (ionic.bundle.js:19171)

tried stripping my app’s dependencies with no success. Went back to 1.2.4 and everything came back to normal, with no errors.

Any hints on what to look at? I’m really willing to update.
Best regards,
José Ignacio

Hi @jsanta,

We’ll look into it and get back to you.

Thanks,
Dan

All,

Jose (@jsanta) and I were able to resolve this issue. It wasn’t an Ionic 1.3 issue.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

everything went fine! Thank you.

w00t! We’re really glad to hear that!

anyone has a problem after update to 1.3 ?

I can’t run in real device or emulator when use emulator the application still in splash screen and not continue

when run in a device it appears like this, and stop in Splash Screen.