White screen on device with ionic

Hello,

I try to upload the default ionic app (ionic blank) on my android device for testing but when the app is launched, I get white screen instead of the basic screen content.
Moreover, when I run the app on the ionic serve it’s working well.

How can I resolve this problem ?

Thank you !

Attach Chrome’s developer tools to it and look in the console.

What @rapropos said:

Did you remote debug the problem on the device already? Follow these instructions here to debug the problem in Chrome dev tools: https://ionic.zone/debug/remote-debug-your-app#android Look at the console and network tabs for errors.

Ok thanks but my app is not on chrome but it is generated automatically with “ionic cordova run android” so how can I connect my app to chrome ?

Read the link I posted.

I’ve read the link but I don’t understand how to “Click inspect in your app’s WebView on your device.” it’s on my device on chrome ? Where is the WebView?
It does not appear on Chrome and in my app…
Sory if it seems obvious but I’m a beginner.
Thank you for your help !

Hello, look that video, i think can help you:

I was just doing this today - the Josh Morony link above is excellent. v clear.

Ok thanks I will try tomorrow !

try running the app through Android Studio if you have it too. not sure there’s a huge difference, but seems more stable (well, for Android Studio) and often it works on a device through Android Studio even when it doesn’t through cordova run android --device

I solved the problem :slightly_smiling_face:

The solution was to install the plugin :

cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview

What Android version is running on the device you tested on?

Thanks for this solution was a lot of help and it worked in my version of Android 4.3