Step by step tutorial series from idea to the app stores

Hey guys,

You may have stumbled upon one of the tutorials I already wrote, and some are actually visited quite a lot from this forum (for example Posting data from Ionic app to php server).

What I bring you here (for free of course) are the 4 series tutorial which were published on Pluralsight and whose goal was to teach you how to take advantage of your web development knowledge in building hybrid applications for iOS and Android. The series comprises of the following published tutorials:

In case you’re wondering here’s what you can expect to learn from each of them:

How to get started with Ionic framework on Windows and Mac

• How to make an app these days
  • What actually is Ionic framework
  • How to install Ionic on both Mac and Windows
  • How to use Ionic CLI to start an Ionic project
  • How to run an Ionic application

How to create a calculator application with Ionic framework by using Ionic Creator for UI

• How to create a calculator interface mockup
  • How to create a calculator interface prototype without coding by using Ionic Creator
  • How to start the Ionic application based on the created interface
  • Which are the most important folders and files and what is the starting point of the application
  • How to create the calculator logic by using controllers

How to polish, create icons and splash screen images, add ads, share and test our calculator application

• How to polish our existing calculator application
  • How to create icons and splash screen images automatically in Ionic framework
  • How to implement Google AdMob ads
  • How to use Ionic.io cloud service to share our application with other users without going through the app stores
  • How to test our application on the real physical devices and emulators

How to publish our calculator application to the Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store

For Play Store:

• How to prepare the application for production
  • How to create the keystore file
  • How to build the production ready application
  • How to get the developer license
  • How to sign the APK file
  • How to optimize the APK file
  • How to build the update of your application
  • How to create the application listing
  • How to upload the application to the Play Store

For App Store:

• How to enroll in Apple Developer Program
  • How to connecting Xcode with your developer account
  • How to sign the application
  • How to set up the app identifier
  • How to create the app listing
  • How to build the app for production
  • How to create an archive of the application
  • How to upload the application to the App Store

If by some chance you would like to download a PDF version of all 4 posts you can do so via Leanpub. Yes, you can choose zero as the amount and I promise I won’t take it against you :wink:

I truly hope this will be a one-stop tutorial series for anyone who wants to see how the actual process of creating the application goes step by step from beginning to the actual publishing in the app stores.

3 Likes

link not work > How to publish our calculator application to the Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store

Hi krittee,

Thank you for pointing this out. Since I can’t edit the post (it locks after 60 days) I will post a new link here.

Namely, guys on Pluralsight wanted to have one giant post out of those 4 so I made Ionic Framework: A definitive 10,000 word guide.

But, if you want those “full 4 posts”, you can check out the book (you have the option to download for free) and you’ll find those 4 posts inside intact.

Also, I published a new tutorial How to build a shopping app with Ionic Firebase in case you would be interested.

Wow this really helpful. Thank you

You’re welcome. I’m glad it proved to be helpful to you!

thank you so much for a new tutorial.

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

Link to Google Play Store is broken

How to publish our calculator application to the Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store

Yes, I’m aware of that, and please see my reply to kritee above. Thanks for pointing it out though!