Never on the newest version of Ionic?

Hi All,

When I upgrade my Ionic version and ask it what version I’m on…

npm i -g ionic
ionic --version

I’m never on the newest. For instance, I’m currently seeing 4.4.0 instead of 4.5.0.

Restarting my Terminal (Mac) and rebooting doesn’t bring me to the newest either. Why is this?

Note: I never have this issue with other packages. I just upgraded npm today, and it’s reporting 6.5.0.

Thanks,
Ryan

How many users are there on your system. You have to check active user, if your are not active then set the path of your users/{path to the npm},
And now update every thing will work

Hi @shyamsingh,

It’s my personal dev laptop, so just me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem.
I am only user, I can do as many times npm i -g ionic as I want but it does not put me the latest version

i’m sure check your userpath its not set : this is my path : C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm, i have fixed this issue for my befor

What operating system are you on?

i have fixed on windows system

Do you use nvm? If not, you might want to consider it. It manages where global packages get installed, supports multiple versions of node, and may help alleviate some potential issues with an npm -g install. Here’s a video snippet where I talk about installing and using it.

Or you can go straight to the source.

To me, it’s indispensable on a Mac or Linux system.

1 Like

As @WalkingRiver noted I’m using NVM. If you follow this tutorial (the highest rated answer) to fully remove Node.js, npm, and nvm, then reinstall everything, it’ll all work.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11177954/how-do-i-completely-uninstall-node-js-and-reinstall-from-beginning-mac-os-x