Ionic upload not refreshing in ionic view

I’m using the new ionic upload and viewing with the ionic view app. I think this is an amazing feature.

I built using the standard sidemenu app

ionic start myApp sidemenu
ionic login
ionic upload

Everything works fine. Make some changes to the templates/menu.html

ionic upload

From the app I clear the app data and then download the app (i’ve tried the sync as well) but non of the changes have worked.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Same problem. Ionic View displays not all latest changes in app (css, images and other resources).

I’m having the exact same issue. However, my problem has persisted ever since the ionic upload command was introduced.

Whenever I make CSS or HTML edits, I have tried to upload the project and view it in the Ionic View app and have consistently seen that the changes are not visible.

Is this a server issue or a procedural issue in how I deploy my app? When I make changes early in the morning, usually I see changes occur almost immediately. This makes it extremely difficult for me to rapidly prototype this app.

Procedures for deployment:

1. make changes -> $ ionic upload
  2. make changes -> $ ionic build ios -> $ ionic upload
    1. make changes -> $ ionic build ios -> $ ionic upload -> $ ionic share name@email.com

Procedures for downloading latest version

1. ‘sync to latest’ -> ‘view app’
  2. ‘clear app data’ -> ‘download app’
  3. ‘delete app’ -> download app

I have verified that the sync date matches the time at which I uploaded the latest build of my project.

Another detail that might be worth mentioning is the terminal output when I run the ionic upload command:

Uploading app...
Successfully uploaded (<I removed the hashcode from here>)

This hash has not changed for several uploads. Is this hash an ID for my project? Or for a particular snapshot of my project? I figured this might potentially be related to the issue I am experiencing.

EDIT: I found that the hash is actually the ID of your app, not the particular build. It would be great if the ionic upload feedback was more detailed in the terminal window.

EDIT: It occurred to me that the really slow performance of ionic upload might be indicative that this is merely a server propagation issue. Yesterday’s progress did not show up on my mobile device until the evening.

I am having same issue here. Trying to find out an answer for over two days now. Anyone have more update for this issue?

Run ionic info:

Your system information:

Node Version: v0.10.38
Cordova CLI: 4.3.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.3.19
Xcode version: Xcode 6.3 Build version 6D570
ios-sim version: 3.1.1
ios-deploy version: 1.5.0

After uploading yesterday’s progress, I noticed that HTML document changes happened very quickly. I added some spans and also overrode the default checkbox styles. After uploading it and viewing the app, I saw the spans. But the CSS had not taken effect yet.

I’m having the same problem. I’ve found that the initial upload works great, but all subsequent uploads have no effect. From Ionic View, I’ve tried, deleting the app, syncing the app, and even signing out. To me it seems like Ionic View is not seeing the latest version.

Anyone having better results?

Having the exact same issue here. “ionic upload” ends up being successful but app does not refresh at all on Ionic View on my Android device. No need to mention that it works great when I run “ionic serve --lab”.

Guys, I found a solution. Follow these steps and the Ionic View will always show the latest version of your app!

1. ionic upload
  2. double click on iPad/iPhone Home button and close Ionic View
  3. Start Ionic View
  4. Sync to latest
  5. run your app.

Done! All works!

You can also delete app on 2 step and download it again on 4 step to make sure.

7 Likes

I’v had some luck doing the following in the index.html file.

I added cache-view="false"attribute to the ion-nav-view

<body ng-app="starter">
       <ion-nav-view cache-view="false"></ion-nav-view>
   </body>

I added some caching variables (?v5) to my application scripts so when they are changed they are reloaded.

<script src="js/app.js?v5"></script>
    <script src="js/controllers.js?v6"></script>

I wasn’t able to get this to work with the original application so I copied my project files to a new project.

As long as I update my ?v# variable in my scriptsI can successfully test with no caching. I have no idea if this is Ionics preferred method but it does work.

Have the same problem. I wonder if Ionic Team knows this issue. It’s very important.

1 Like

I had the same problem.

My solution:

1. Delete your ionic.project file.
  2. Upload your project to ionic view as usually.
  3. Optional: As you will upload your app as a ‘new app’, delete your old app from ionic vew.

Hope this will help you! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks that works well but i don’t understand why the problem is not correct on ionic cli

Yep thank you worked for me too.

So there was a problem related to the APP ID.

Is there any updates to this issue?
Is there a github issue that I can follow? (did not find it when searching)

Thanks… unfortunately this was my only option to get this to work as well.

I just did the following and it worked :smile:

1. Click on your app
  2. Select “CLEAR APP DATA”.
  3. Select “VIEW APP”
1 Like

When i try to download the files, it says “syncing failed, error no. 404” What does this mean?

THE SOLUTION! Thanks a lot Stanislav!!!

Thank you. This solution is working for me.

Thanks
this trick works for me , but every time when i want to view app to client i need to generate new Ionic app_id that is irrirating.