Does anyone know why IONIC 1 was so different from IONIC2?

Does anyone know why IONIC 1 was so different from IONIC2 and now

We already have to worry about the standard of IONIC3 ???

The same has been happening with the Angular and TypeScript.

Does anyone know why this has been happening so fast and what the

Future of these frameworks ???

Hug to everyone.

“Ionic 3” isn’t really a thing. Ionic framework v1 was based on Angular v1. Ionic framework v2-3 is based on Angular 2-3-4, which are all relatively compatible with one another, yet completely different from Angular v1. What you are perceiving as “fast” is just a side effect of adopting semantic versioning.

1 Like

Actually no, it’s because Angular adopted SemVer and Time-based Release Cycles where they ignore SemVer and increase the major version of the framework because some time hase gone by.

1 Like

Fair enough. The point I want to make is that 99% of the posts here that try to make a distinction between “Ionic 2” and “Ionic 3” are really about one of two things, that don’t have anything to do with that (rather meaningless) distinction: CLI v3 weirdness and lazy page loading. I think it’s counterproductive to encourage the fiction that “Ionic 2” is a supported, viable option.

Absolutely.

Ionic2+ is one thing where multiple, pretty much compatible versions exist. Ionic 3 introduced the concept of Lazy Loading, which doesn’t have to be used and then nothing changes. I expect Ionic 4 and on do it the same way.

1 Like