App icon ipad app?

So I’ve updated xcode last night. When I build the project in xcode I now get warnings

Images.xcassets: A 83.5x83.5@2x app icon is required for iPad apps targeting iOS 9.0 and later

Images.xcassets: The app icon set "AppIcon" has an unassigned child.

Images.xcassets/: warning: Ambiguous Content: The app icon set "AppIcon" has an unassigned child.

I’ve tried running ionic resources but I keep getting the same warning. Does this affect when I upload my project to Apple?

my ionic info:

Cordova CLI: 6.0.0
Gulp version:  CLI version 3.9.1
Gulp local:   Local version 3.9.1
Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.14
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.7.0
ios-deploy version: 1.8.4 
ios-sim version: 5.0.6 
Node Version: v5.4.1
Xcode version: Xcode 7.3 Build version 7D175

@coreelements Hi. Did you ever resolve this? I just asked the same exact question on ionic2 slack channel, but no answer yet.

Hi, any awswer for this?

Hi. Ionic said they should provide this support, but obviously not available yet. I ended up manually creating icon-83.5@2x.png sized to 167x167, and then imported to my project resources/ios/icon folder. Also, I deleted the unused icon claimed as unassigned child in Xcode. This cleared up my warnings and I was able to proceed with archiving and submitting my app(pending review.) The only issue is if you do this and rerun ionic build, then you have to add/remove the files again. Good luck!

Yeah … I did the same … manually created and imported the icon in the assets manager