Announcing Ionic 4 beta!

I am redoing it. I don’t think there is any easy migration path. And vue.js is so cool so I am doing it in Vue JS.

Which IDE you are using for IONIC 4

ATOM https://atom.io/

Using this IDE, we can built for Both Android & IOS right

Muito bom :sorrindo:

Congratulations and thanks for your great job!

This is my second tutorial about Ionic 4 and Angular 6. You can try follow the step by step easily to feel the new Ionic 4.

I have an issue with ionic lab after updating to ionic cli 4.1.1.
It shows this error in the browser’s console:
“:8200/build/ionlab/ionlab.925lkwi9.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”

I used this command to create the project:
“ionic start ionictest sidemenu --type=angular”
and this command to start the application:
“ionic serve -l -w=chrome”

I tried cleaning npm cache and reinstalling ionic but didn’t work.
Any one is experiencing the same issue?

Hey, guys!
Great work!
Just migrated from v3 to v4 (including manual installation of all plugin’s and other third-party packages), but got lots of npm WARNs like these:

npm WARN @ionic-native/contacts@4.12.0 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^4.11.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ionic-native/contacts@4.12.0 requires a peer of rxjs@^5.5.11 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ionic-native/email-composer@4.12.0 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^4.11.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ionic-native/email-composer@4.12.0 requires a peer of rxjs@^5.5.11 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ionic-native/local-notifications@4.12.0 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^4.11.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself

Seems in v4 native plugins still depend on old rxjs and ionic-native/core?

Thanks!

ionic-native should be upgraded to 5.0.0-beta.14

I’m a bit confused.
If I have

>ionic --version

I think this means that I have Ionic CLI 4.1.1 but not an Ionic 4 app, isn’t it?
Because I created the app with the command: “ionic start tabs mytest”.
To have an Ionic 4 app I have to create it with the command “ionic start myApp tabs --type=angular”.

Is it right?
Downloading an app from the web how can I see if it is a Ionic3 or a Ionic4 app?

thank you

cld

Yes, you have latest CLI and that can only compile and run V4-apps

There are a lot of differences between Ionic 3 and 4. If you have the source just look at the directory structure

src/app

in V4 pages is placed here, but in V3 you have src/pages

Are you sure?
I don’t think so.
I think that the directive “–type=angular” discriminates between an Ionic3 and an Ionic4 application.

I could confirm too, the Ionic CLI v4 handle well Ionic v3 and v4 apps

–type=angular isn’t that just when you create a project

but you might be right, but the V4 CLI failed to compile my app, maybe because I used Lazy-loading allready

I already got “@ionic-native/core”: “5.0.0-beta.14” installed but it says that, for example, latest @ionic-native/contacts@4.12.0 still depends on previous version of @ionic-native/core@^4.11.0 and rxjs@^5.5.11 (in ionic v4 there is a rxjs v6.2.2 is used)

So you mix the native version? I think you can’t do that. If you use core 5beta, then all native libs should use 5beta too

It’s not me. It’s Ionic v4 ) I started new v4 blank app, then manually installed contacts:

$ ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-contacts
$ npm install --save @ionic-native/contacts

as it says here https://beta.ionicframework.com/docs/native/contacts and got package.json containing

"@ionic-native/contacts": "^4.12.0",
    "@ionic-native/core": "5.0.0-beta.14",

then if you try to npm update you’ll get these dependency warnings that say that almost all @ionic-native/* plugins are not installed because they depend on lower version of @ionic-native/core and are NOT installed

I think it’s kind of a bit on you :wink:

I guess you started a new Ionic v4 project ionic start --type=angular which comes with ionic-native core v5-beta

then you added contacts, but you didn’t specified the you wanted to use beta wrapper too

npm install --save @ionic-native/contacts@beta

or

npm install --save @ionic-native/contacts@5.0.0-beta.14

of course the doc doesn’t display the @beta because well it’s a beta doc for the upcoming official release, so I’m agree, that’s a bit misleading

Hey!
Thanks a lot reedrichards! It finally worked! And you are right, I could not find any mentioning about specifying @5.0.0-beta.14 after any native plugins