Announcing Ionic 4 beta!

Hi, We too already have an app in Ionic1. I decided to rebuild this app with Ionic4 with Vue. I’m struggeling with a lot of components. I hope I can find somebody who allready has experience with Ionic4 and Vue. Let’s stick together to share solutions.

on the forum @matthew974 published some tutorials about ionic and vue

Yeah, I have wired a lot of it in Ionic4 and vue. Will like to help if needed.

I’m going step by step the right direction. The main problem I now have are the Ionic controller components, like action-, alert-, animation, loading-, picker-, menu-, popover- and modal.

The most important for now would be (side)menu-controller and popover-controller.
If I would have working controllers then I can make the other controllers working myself.

I wish I now or what and where are ‘ion-menu-controller’ Come from?

Another topic is Router.
I want to use the Vue router. As far as I understand is the Angular router preferred above the Ionic router. So Is it possible to ignore the Ionic router and do all the routing with vue-router?

Getting error while building for device (iOS , not tried on Android) -

(node:944) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)

(node:944) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Have not added any code simply created a Ionic 4 project using CLI - ionic start Sampleapp tabs --type=angular and added iOS platform while building for iOS getting above error.

Ionic Info -

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)          : 4.1.2 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic)
   Ionic Framework            : @ionic/angular 4.0.0-beta.7
   @angular-devkit/core       : 0.7.5
   @angular-devkit/schematics : 0.7.5
   @angular/cli               : 6.1.5
   @ionic/ng-toolkit          : 1.0.8
   @ionic/schematics-angular  : 1.0.6

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0
   Cordova Platforms     : ios 4.5.5
   Cordova Plugins       : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.2, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 2.1.4, (and 4 other plugins)

System:

NodeJS : v8.11.4 (/usr/local/bin/node)
   npm    : 5.6.0
   OS     : macOS High Sierra

Wich is the correct way to upgrade my first ionic4 project through the various beta updates?

Did anyone try to use the Ionic 4 beta to publish a PWA? There seems to be no documentation on that, and some things like the manifest.json file is no longer generated and copied to production, and I’m trying to find the best way to do that.

Hello Ionic Team,

New Ionic 4 Beta native api documents links are not opening and showing unable to reach in firefox browser and in chrome Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () plz look at this matter.

Thank you

brandyshea something new with the category?

I just installed ionic 4 beta version. Simply loads test app using ionic serve command. I have not done any coding .its simply for testing. But it loads the URL http://localhost:8100/ and shows the blank white page in the browser

How can I change the arrow color of select option in ionic v4 beta?

how can I edit shadow root (open) css ?

Hello, I would like to ask if in this new version you introduce the possibility of having scrolling as an integrated property of the component tabs?