v1.0.0-beta.6 "darmstadtium-dingo" released!

Download Instructions: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic#quick-start

1.0.0-beta.6 “darmstadtium-dingo” (2014-05-21)

Bug Fixes

• click: fix mouseup click for ion-option-button (29ee6407)
  • collectionRepeat: fix rare NPE error on android 4.1 (94f0b5b7, closes #1292)
  • input: fix long input text adjusting left on focus (e6b5ff22, closes #1390)
  • ionContent: make content scrollable if it is a child of a non-scrollable content (488bd5c0, closes #1421)
  • ionFooterBar: properly offset content for bar-subfooter (46e33664)
  • ionReorderButton: fix onReorder not triggering an angular digest (cc46735c)
  • ionSlideBox: fix regression allowing slide past boundaries (ec5a2763, closes #1414, #1405, #1409, #1321)
  • requirejs: fix bug with requirejs & loading order of angular taps (36181091)
  • scrollView:
    • make xy scrolling work on ionScroll and ionContent (49f06f9c, closes #1462)
    • fix clonedInputs not being removed for large textareas on keyboardshow (88e41e1a, closes #1420)
    • on desktop, make mousewheel only scroll the scrollView under the mouse (3250d10d, closes #1376)
    • stop memory-leak when destroying scrollView (4a210130, closes #1096)
  • tap: select tag not working in IE (7059b818, closes #1435)

Features

• footer: keyboard-attach attribute directive to position footer above keyboard (09d1197a)
13 Likes

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Additionally, starting today, apps newly started with ionic start myApp have bower built in, and in the app’s README explain how to update Ionic easily.

7 Likes

Yes thank god! This was needed.

Can drag entire app by tab bar on iOS 6 device, release not usable again. Sorry, but this is becoming a bit of a joke. Anyone who has an App in actual production can not use any of your last 4 releases.

Can anyone else confirm that $ionicPopup prompt is not displaying the keyboard immediately with or without the keyboard plugin on iOS7?

@gozinsa: iOS 6 seems to still consistently slip out of our grasp. Only one of the members of the team has an ios6 device, and we do not test on it very often. We should fix this.

Could you open an issue about this problem?

@gylippus this is definitely an issue.

1 Like

Nice code name :slight_smile: Greetings from the wonderful city of Darmstadt :wink:

2 Likes

After upgrade, when I tap the header, list doesn’t scroll to the begin … thoughts?

Same here. Tapping on the nav-bar doesn’t seem to scroll the content back to the top.

Hmm, this was an unintended side effect of a change in beta.4 …

I’ll try to see how we can fix it.

For now, you could do <ion-nav-bar ng-click="scrollTop()"> $scope.scrollTop = $ionicScrollDelegate.scrollTop

If we add that, and then you fix the issue, will things mess up?

Does upgrading the Ionic CLIs via npm to this version work ?

Re: I had the following problem trying to upgrade to 1.0.4:

After following maleeb’s instructions to update my project, I wanted to update my CLI tools; I originally installed it via npm; should updating to 1.0.4 CLIs via npm be working ?

“npm view -g ionic@1.0.4” gives output that looks expected, but “sudo npm update -g ionic@1.0.4” doesn’t seem to work. With npm loglevel at “silly”:

bash$ sudo npm update -g ionic@1.0.4

npm info it worked if it ends with ok
npm verb cli [ ‘node’, ‘/usr/local/bin/npm’, ‘update’, ‘-g’, ‘ionic@1.0.4’ ]
npm info using npm@1.4.3
npm info using node@v0.10.26
npm info outdated updating []
npm verb exit [ 0, true ]
npm info ok

bash$ cat /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/package.json | grep version

“version”: “1.0.1-beta”,

Thanks,

pk

Additionally, starting today, apps newly started with ionic start
myApp have bower built in, and in the app’s README explain how to
update Ionic easily.

Can I manually upgrade my current app so that it has “bower built in” going forward ? Thanks,

pk

@pk_,

Just add these two files to the root of your project:

Then install bower with npm install -g bower, and run bower install.

Would it be recommended to stay on beta 5 (version 2) for now?

Hi guys.

I have a possible issue to report…

I have a tabbed application and I have full screen set to false in my config.xml document.

I’m using an ionicPopup very similar to the wifi password example in the docs. When I click on the input field and the keyboard pops up, the view in the background seems to “freak out”. The view shrinks and the tabs sit just above the keyboard squashing the view. When I hold the phone in landscape, it cuts the top of the popup off, very buggy looking behaviour.

I am testing on an Android 4.4 device, obviously I cannot recreate this on the web as you need the software keyboard popping up to “distort” the view behind the popup.

Incase it helps, the popup declaration looks like this:

$scope.addMomentTitle = function(){
     addtitle = $ionicPopup.show({      
     template: '<input type="text" ng-model="captureDetails.momentTitle">', 
     title: '<b>Add a title?</b>',
     subTitle: 'Beautiful, your moment is almost ready to be immortalised. Why not name your moment before you upload it?',         
     scope: $scope,       
     buttons: [
       { text: 'No thanks',
         type: 'button-stable',
         onTap: function(e){
            //Add code here to move user to Moment Preview.                
         }
       },
       { text: 'Add my title',
         type: 'button-positive',
         onTap: function(e){
            //Add code here to move user to Moment Preview.

}
       }
     ]
   });
}

All the best!
Ed

Say I have 2 views in my application and when I navigate from one view to another the whole <ion-content></ion-content> part becomes unresponsive in both views (can’t click any links or scroll). I wonder if its related to this part:

stop memory-leak when destroying scrollView (4a210130, closes #1096)

Edit1. Seems like it has something to do with my markup. I have:

<ion-view>
	<ion-side-menus>
  		<ion-side-menu-content>
                        <ion-content>Main Content</ion-content> <---this part becomes unresponsive 
                </ion-side-menu-content>
                <ion-side-menu side="left">
                        <ion-content>Navigation</ion-content>
                </ion-side-menu>
        </ion-side-menus>
</ion-view>

If I completely remove the sidemenu part and make something like this everything works fine.

<ion-view><ion-content>Main Content</ion-content></ion-view>

Edit 2. It also works if I manually remove the “scroll-content” class:

Is there any way to add some animation to the way “keyboard-attach” works? Right now the element that has this attribute attached to it kind of jumps at approximately 216px while the keyboard slides up nicely and catches up with the “keyboard-attach” footer some milliseconds after. It world be great if these elements had the animation…