Using FastClick.js to remove 300ms delay

Ionic v1 has a built-in library that removes the 300ms delay in IOS, and it is not recommended to include FastClick.

Does Ionic v2 have the same capabilities? If not, am I able to circumevent the 300ms delay issue by introducing a third-party library like FastClick?

How do I troubleshoot click delays in Ionic v2?

Use buttons, you can put clicks events in any html element but the ion-button component removes that delay, it is made to be clicked.

You can use <a> tags as well to remove the delay

I’ve always assumed that the 300ms delay was removed across the board for ionic v1. Was I wrong?

Do divs with ng-clicks have a 300ms delay?

Not sure, there was a previous post where @brandyshea ionic staff member suggested replacing ion-items for button elements with ion-item attribute attached but that’s a rather old post, maybe it has actually be removed, still better to ask a staff member.

There is no ion-button component but we do remove the delay on button and a elements. For accessibility reasons we recommend always using these for (click) events. If you place a click event on a div it will still get the delay. Last time we spoke to Angular about it we were told it was not possible to grab the click event on a div and therefore the delay stays.

Some info on items: http://ionicframework.com/docs/v2/api/components/item/Item/

Click delay Browser VS Device

Ooops, fixed the previous post.

Thanks. What about v1?

Now that v2 is officially out, has any of this changed? You mentioned that the delay has been removed for button and a elements only. Is it the button element has the delay removed, or any element with the ion-button directive?