Upgrading to Angular 6

Howdy,

So was starting a fresh app, figured I would get Angular up to v6 which is easy enough, but I can’t get past the rxjs blocker for the ionic stuff. I had found another post from around a month ago saying something about Ionic 4 would support it, but should I just stick with Angular 5~ version for a fresh install for now to ensure as I build this new bugger out I don’t run into any “gotcha” scenarios until ionic 4 is ready?

Thanks, and sorry if it’s an ignorant question, just now getting back into ionic after a long (year++) hiatus but looking forward to it!

Cheers!

2 Likes

I would also like to know about this. Especially how to migrate to Angular 6 and use Angularfire2 which expects Angular 6.
Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, Angular 5 with Ionic 3. Ionic is always behind Angular, to keep the code base stable.

Use an earlier version of AF2.

Right now, the 3.x haven’t gotten tested with Angular 6. We’re working on getting the 4.0 out the door, which includes the Angular 6 upgrade, as well as other features too. I would suggest staying on 5.x of Angular and other libraries.

2 Likes

In relation to Ionic 3 and Angular 6, we have just upgraded to angular 6. We are getting an issue when using ionic serve,with live reload. When we make a change to .ts the app refreshed an the code transpiles but we get the following error.

{ Error: [object Object]
    at new BuildError (C:\Users\A631256\source\ap126129-nb-global-mobile-app\node_modules\@ionic\app-scripts\dist\util\errors.js:16:28)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\A631256\source\ap126129-nb-global-mobile-app\node_modules\@ionic\app-scripts\dist\worker-client.js:37:24)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at emit (internal/child_process.js:772:12)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:141:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9) hasBeenLogged: false, isFatal: false }

Any ideas or pointers as to what this issue could be ?

“ionic”: “^3.20.0”,
@angular/core”: “~6.0.9”,

Many Thanks

There is a post from a dev immediately above yours saying that this is an unsupported combination, so I would either go with Ionic 4 / Angular 6 or Ionic 3 / Angular 5.

1 Like