Upgrade ionic 1 to ionic 4

hello I have an old project from ionic 1 I want to revive now I would like to use the latest version of ionic … how can I update the most easily?

thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can’t. You’re in for a complete rewrite.

1 Like

Whilst this is true, it should not be that difficult.
The number of pages will still be the same, you can copy the existing page HTML and convert it as required. Each page controller can by copied and amended into each page TS file.

I would suggest using Ionic 3 which is not in beta and there is better documentation and support.

1 Like

I thought so too, but I know myself with the new structure of ionic not from me must be familiar with something… but thank you i will try it !

The best way would be to generate a new project (Ionic 3 or Ionic 4, whichever you decide to use)… then generate new pages, services and components for every one in your old project… then copy the usable old copy into each component, and fix the errors. You should probably do one component at a time and fix it until it compiles. BUT… from 1 to 3 or 4 will be a LOT of code fixes.