Paypal integration

Hello everyone!
I’m developing an app and I need to integrate paypal for payments.
I see that paypal native integration is deprecated so I’m using paypal smart buttons and everything is workin fine.

I’m just wondering… Is it okay to use paypal smart buttons for mobile app? What about google play and apple stores? Do they accept paypal smart buttons?

Thank you in advance!

I never did that, BUT i can say that the stores (mostly apple) will do everything that you use InAppPayments. What kind of transactions are u doing? Something InAppPayment can archive as well?

Thank you for the answer.
I never used InAppPayment, and paypal smart button is very easy to integrate. I know that apple requires InAppPayment if you are selling subscriptions, new features and services for the app.

I’m selling external services instead ( waste disposal to be precise) and maybe they accept external payments gateway… isn’t it?

Is it a dynamic Price? Think will work then - otherwise i would just say: Go ahed and test :smiley:

1 Like

ok, I’ll do it :slightly_smiling_face:

however I see in the App Store Review Guidelines:

• 3.1.3(e) Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase physical goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

And this is my case. :crossed_fingers:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Robert,

I am currently trying to implement the paypal smart buttons. Paypal is working fine but Klarna and Bank transactions do not work. Do they work in your integration?

Hi hades,
I used the “pay with paypal” and “pay with debit or credit card” buttons so I can’t reply to your question, sorry.

However both Apple and Google stores accepted the app with the integration of smart buttons.

Regards

Rob

Is your app or do you sell digital products with it?

No, but if your digital products are consumed outside the app I think you can use the smart button integration

Can you show how did you integrate smart buttons in ionic app? I’m trying to integrate too, but I have problems