Note: This question is opinion-based, open-ended. But of course it involves Ionic and I really want your advice. I choose to post in an ‘uncategorized’ section. If this question should not be posted here, please let me know. I’ll delete it.
I need advice before committing to certain platforms for my next project(s).
My development experiences:
- 5 years of native Android development
- 1-2 Months of Python/Flask
- 1-2 Months of PostgreSQL
Now I need to complete 2 projects on my own:
- A used car marketplace where users can list their cars for sale. There’ll be some user account and commenting system but no transaction/payment processing.
- A novel reader/writer site. Users can post their novel and some images. Readers are free to read anything they want.
You see that both projects are very similar. No transaction/payment.
Both project requires me to develop:
- Responsive Website for desktop/mobile browser
- Android + iOS app
I choose this after doing some research:
- Backend = PostgreSQL + Python + Flask REST API
- Frontend(Responsive Website/Mobile site) = HTML5 + Bootstrap + AngularJS
- Frontend(Android + iOS) = Ionic
----- QUESTIONS -----
Q1. Please recommend an alternative way that will save time instead of building the full stack from scratch. For example, Wordpress with Classified theme. Pros/Cons compared to building the full stack.
Q2. In case I choose to build the whole thing, I’d like to hear your advice/comment/better alternatives to my choosen tech stack above. Will you add/remove some tech and why? Or why should I choose Ionic over other competitors for building mobile apps for my projects?