My first Ionic 2 app published

I just published my first ionic 2 app on Google Play and waiting for review in Apple App Store!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.infoproducts.mindlyapp&hl=en

It is an audio player that integrates with our webshops. Our customers are now able to download our app, login and enjoy their purchases.

The app almost works perfectly, with a few glitches here and there (with ionic AND Angular in beta, what can you expect?;-))

I’ve chosen to support Android 4.4+ And iOS 8.0+ to keep my sanity (for now).

Stuff I want to add or improve in the next versions:

• Add IAP
  • Lock screen music controls and headset button support
  • Get playlists working in background mode on iOS (currently playback stops when track ends if app is in background)
  • Maybe add crosswalk to support older Android devices
  • Probably work a bit on the design (not really something I enjoy or am good at)

That’s it! Just wanted to show what I’ve built in about 2 months (being new to angular, typescript, node, Cordova etc) since I’ve enjoyed seeing the apps other people have built. Keep sharing!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome work and great to see an app released into the wild. Any tips for others starting out with Ionic & Angular v2?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

My advice is probably more generic than ionic/angular specific, but here goes: just get a minimal viable version done and ship it! There are always more bells and whistles to be added, and your code can always be more elegant - but you can do that in a later iteration;-)

1 Like

Congrats!

I’m curious how you implemented the different language support in the app?

Actually I didn’t implement i18n yet (the select in the screenshots is disabled and even removed in the upcoming version.)

I’m waiting for official support from angular. If I needed support right now I would probably go with ng2-translate though.

Have hou perform it,listenning playlist on background mode?