Modifications to Existing App Needed - Work From Home - Firebase - Elastic Search

I’m a former C++ developer. I am pretty rusty and don’t have enough free time to learn TypeScript, so I need some help making some changes to an app.

The changes needed are all listed in GitHub and the code is there as well. We would just add you to our GitHub and it would be very simple to get started.

The existing code is a dating app that was released but needs modifications. The modifications needed are as follows:

1. Upgrade app to support LGTB dating as well as the hetero dating it already supports.

2. Improve (create) true database functionality. Currently the app is downloading the entire database from Firebase and filtering on the phone. Couldn’t believe the last person I contracted with came up with this design. lol Queries should be real queries, paginated and return only the results needed. As such, we can use a Google Cloud Function to replicate the database on any new data over to Elastic Search, then do the harder queries on Elastic Search. This is already set up in our Google Account. Just not implemented in the app yet.

3. Odds and ends… display such and such a list in a different order, change a little CSS to make icons bigger, little UI tweaks like that.

4. Enable micropayment system in the app so it costs a small amount to send a first message.

That’s about it. The meat of it will be in supporting LGTB and getting the queries right. Otherwise, the app is working well on iOS and Android and is already in the App stores.

I have 3 more apps to develop and am looking for a CTO or right hand man on the tech side of things that would manage other developers as the business grows. So if that’s of any interest to you, let’s talk. The person who is the right fit will be offered this type of position as time goes on the business grows.

Please let me know if you have an interest in the project and also what your experience and portfolio of prior work looks like. Can pay under the table to make for a better rate for both of us.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @newideasllc,

Hope you are doing well!

I am interested. Please check your message box for more details.

Regards,
Hayden

Hi ,
I am a experienced developer and would be able to help you out on this…
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Hello @newideasllc,

We can surely discuss the work. Keenly interested to work with you.

PM is sent with more details.

Look forward to hear from you.

Email: hi@addwebsolution.com | Skype: hello.addweb

Thanks,
Ashish

Is that everyone?

Any reasonably priced (not super cheap, just reasonable) Americans want to take a stab at this USA (NYC) based project?

Connect on Skype. Skype ID: jigar.hupp