Is it even possible to use Ionic Cloud Push + Firebase?

Hello!

I’ve been trying to use the Ionic Cloud Push alongside with
Firebase through Ionic Native + cordova-plugin-firebase-analytics or
cordova-plugin-firebase.

But I can’t get it to work.

The reason is that Ionic Cloud uses phonegap-plugin-push,
which doesn’t play well with any of the firebase cordova plugins.

Has anyone been successful at setting up an app
with Ionic Cloud Push and Firebase? If so, how?

I think this is very important to Ionic itself,
since it stopped supporting it’s own Analytics
on the Ionic Cloud.

We need both platforms (Cloud/Pro + Platform)
to play along very well in a simplistic manner.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’m also struggling with getting cordova-plugin-firebase-analytics and phonegap-plugin-push to work alongside each other.

I was able to succesfully run ionic cordova build ios, after I changed into the platforms/ios directory and ran “pod repo update” and pod install after adding the line “pod ‘FirebaseMessaging’” in platforms/ios/Podfile.

However, when I run ionic cordova run ios or ionic cordova build ios with an iphone connected via USB, the following happens: the app loads, I see the splash screen and the loading spinnner, then the app goes blank (white screen), and finally I see the default background color of my app and nothing further happens.

The console.log output is:

[18:05:54] console.log: deviceready has not fired after 5 seconds.
[18:05:54] console.log: Channel not fired: onCordovaInfoReady
[18:05:54] console.warn: Native: deviceready did not fire within 5000ms. This can happen when plugins are in an
inconsistent state. Try removing plugins from plugins/ and reinstalling them.
[18:05:54] console.warn: Ionic Native: deviceready did not fire within 5000ms. This can happen when plugins are in an
inconsistent state. Try removing plugins from plugins/ and reinstalling them.

I’m stuck here at the moment, and I don’t know, if it’s worth trying to get this to work.
I might just ditch Firebase Analytics and go with something else (e.g. tracking app events in a Google Analytics website property).

I’m using cordova-plugin-firebase for push notifications and seems working well. I also have configured anayltics (firebase) and I’ve modified many times the configuration to avoid many errors (like Invalid google_app_id. Firebase Analytics disabled, or AnalyticsService not registered in the app manifest). Now I got no errors but nothing appear into analytics panel… What’s wrong?