Is ionic free for developers

Dear Sir,
Am a individual developer and i would like to build some Android Apps using Ionic with Angular.

Can i use Ionic framework to develop an android apps. Is it free to use for an individual developers?

It’s free to use by everybody. There are some paid services, but whatever they are (I’ve never used or investigated any of them), they aren’t essential to building apps using the framework itself.

1 Like

Thanks for this, do the apps that you use function as it should be even without the premium services, i am afraid that I will invest my time on it but at the end I need to but something to make it functional?

No, You can make your app and use it without ever paying. The majority of our products are opensource and free to use. There is no ‘gotcha’ moment where Ionic is going to force you to pay before publishing, etc. The paid features that we do have are not required to build an app; they are designed as value added services for larger companies and enterprise solutions (i.e. Appflow, Identity Vault, Secure Storage).

I hope this helps and happy building!