iOS runs old build after closing the app

Hey guys,

When I run my app Cryptocentral - a crypto assets tracker, first opening load the last version of the application. All good. If I close the app and relaunch, it loads the version n-1. All wrong.

I have to delete the app and reinstall it to reset it but then it’s happening again. Same bug with TestFlight and app from App Store.

I have also clean node_modules, platforms and plugins a couple of times.

How is that even possible? Why do I have two builds in my ios app?

I have run the command ionic cordova build ios --prod before archive trough XCode

My ionic info

cli packages: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)
    @ionic/cli-utils  : 1.15.2
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.15.2
global packages:
    cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0 
local packages:
    @ionic/app-scripts : 3.0.1
    Cordova Platforms  : ios 4.5.2
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.8.0
System:
    Android SDK Tools : 25.1.7
    ios-deploy        : 1.9.2 
    Node              : v6.11.5
    npm               : 3.10.10 
    OS                : macOS Sierra
    Xcode             : Xcode 9.1 Build version 9B55 
Environment Variables:
    ANDROID_HOME : /usr/local/opt/android
Misc:
    backend : pro

HI vtllr. Did you find a solution? I have come across this issue too. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Do you use https://ionicframework.com/docs/pro/deploy/ ?
Do you have allready tried to delete the www folder?

1 Like

@fizcoder No it’s not resolved 100% but @user5555 is right: it’s about Ionic Deploy but I can’t disable it so I deploy every time on production …

Thanks guys. I resolved this yesterday. It had to do with the Ionic Deploy. I had never used it before and this was my first time. I figured it out eventually :slight_smile:

@fizcoder Have you find a way to disable the auto deploy? seems not working for me and I always need to deploy to have the last update …

Because of the little time I had, I just removed anything to do with Ionic Deploy in the config.xml and the package.json as I needed to get the app working so I could demo to the client.

This is a big problem for us as well. There is no way to disable deploys inside Ionic Pro (Big Mistake Personally) I hope they come up with a feature to help us work around this issue.

We are testing our release version and every time we close the app it resets. Makes it hard to fully test production.

Delete all variables attached to the ionic plugin into your config.xml and package.json to be sure it’s not updated anymore