Ionic run ios not updating app

Hello

I am having an issue with ionic run ios - the app is not updating to the device. The process runs successfully but any changes made are not reflected in the app.

I found a workaround by removing the ios platform and adding it again before trying again.

ionic serve -l is working. So is running the app on android. But for some reason not on my iphone.

It seems like ionic run ios is using a cached version of the app. Anybody dealing with the same issue? Any thing I can try?

Here is the trimmed console log.

Thanks for your help.

Running command: /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/hooks/after_prepare/010_add_platform_class.js /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp

add to body class: platform-ios

Building project: /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/MrCesar.xcodeproj

Configuration: Debug

Platform: emulator

Build settings from command line:

CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator

SDKROOT = iphonesimulator9.3
    SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR = /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Build settings from configuration file '/Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig':
    CLANG_ALLOW_NON_MODULAR_INCLUDES_IN_FRAMEWORK_MODULES = YES
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer
    ENABLE_BITCODE = NO
    GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS = DEBUG=1

HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS = "$(TARGET_BUILD_DIR)/usr/local/lib/include" "$(OBJROOT)/UninstalledProducts/include" "$(OBJROOT)/UninstalledProducts/$(PLATFORM_NAME)/include" "$(BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR)"
    IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 8.0
    OTHER_LDFLAGS = -ObjC
    SWIFT_OBJC_BRIDGING_HEADER = $(PROJECT_DIR)/$(PROJECT_NAME)/Bridging-Header.h
    TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY = 1,2

=== BUILD TARGET CordovaLib OF PROJECT CordovaLib WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

=== BUILD TARGET MrCesar OF PROJECT MrCesar WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

PhaseScriptExecution Copy\ www\ directory build/MrCesar.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MrCesar.build/Script-304B58A110DAC018002A0835.sh
    cd /Users/cesardelacruz/Development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios
    /bin/sh -c /Users/cesardelacruz/Development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/MrCesar.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MrCesar.build/Script-304B58A110DAC018002A0835.sh

ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app/Info.plist MrCesar/MrCesar-Info.plist
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin"
    builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/cesardelacruz/Development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/MrCesar/MrCesar-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphonesimulator -additionalcontentfile /Users/cesardelacruz/Development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/MrCesar.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MrCesar.build/MainViewController-PartialInfo.plist -additionalcontentfile /Users/cesardelacruz/Development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/MrCesar.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MrCesar.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist -o /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app/Info.plist

GenerateDSYMFile /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app.dSYM /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app/MrCesar
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/dsymutil /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app/MrCesar -o /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app.dSYM

Touch /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app
    /usr/bin/touch -c /Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/MrCesar.app

(Deleted Installing Package Info)

------ Debug phase ------
Starting debug of iPhone 6s Plus 'Cesar's iPhone' connected through USB...

[  0%] Looking up developer disk image

[ 95%] Developer disk image mounted successfully

[100%] Connecting to remote debug server
-------------------------

(lldb) command source -s 0 '/tmp/7B58D1AE-AED8-4A8F-AF37-21E26D11D913/fruitstrap-lldb-prep-cmds-5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b'

Executing commands in '/tmp/7B58D1AE-AED8-4A8F-AF37-21E26D11D913/fruitstrap-lldb-prep-cmds-5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b'.

(lldb)     platform select remote-ios --sysroot '/Users/cesardelacruz/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/9.3.4 (13G35)/Symbols'

Platform: remote-ios
 Connected: no
  SDK Path: "/Users/cesardelacruz/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/9.3.4 (13G35)/Symbols"

(lldb)     target create "/Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/device/MrCesar.app"

Current executable set to '/Users/cesardelacruz/development/mrcesarapp/platforms/ios/build/device/MrCesar.app' (armv7).
(lldb)     script fruitstrap_device_app="/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/4BCB752F-6BCB-4620-979C-7FCDF154BEA1/MrCesar.app"

(lldb)     script fruitstrap_connect_url="connect://127.0.0.1:49424"

(lldb)     command script import "/tmp/7B58D1AE-AED8-4A8F-AF37-21E26D11D913/fruitstrap_5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b.py"

(lldb)     command script add -f fruitstrap_5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b.connect_command connect

(lldb)     command script add -s asynchronous -f fruitstrap_5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b.run_command run
(lldb)     command script add -s asynchronous -f fruitstrap_5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b.autoexit_command autoexit
(lldb)     command script add -s asynchronous -f fruitstrap_5b97f720c1833f798425d61d469e72d455bfe47b.safequit_command safequit
(lldb)     connect

(lldb)     run

success

(lldb)     safequit

Process 825 detached
1 Like

have you been able to update your app with ionic run ios i just notice this behavior at mine. :confused:

Nothing yet. ios still requires me to remove platform and add it again. Android working fine.

thanks that will work for the moment with iOS. :+1:

Do you bump app version in config.xml before you recompile? You could try to uninstall app from phone before you run it again?

I’m seeing the same problem. I have to remove the ios platform and re-add it to get changes to show up. (android working fine) Did you find a fix?

Nothing yet…I have no idea what is happening.

Did you ever figure this out? This started happening to me on ios also. Even if I run “ionic build ios --prod” and then run on XCode it still reflects and old version. I even tried deleting the www folder and Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/*

Please open a new topic about this and include a description of what you are doing and your ionic info output - then we can debug and fix this. Thank you.

Sure thing will do, thanks!

same problem here.

It looks like simulator doesn’t update app changes.

What should I do? this happens with iOS emulator only. android emulator works fine.