Ionic DevApp Feedback Mega-thread

What do you put inside ionic.config.json? proxyUrl?

If you’re encountering the blank screen of death, you need to either turn off your computer’s firewall, or allow node.

Here are the intructions for Mac:

1. Launch System Preferences.
  2. Click the Security & Privacy icon.
  3. Click the Firewall tab.
  4. Assuming your firewall is on, click Firewall Options.
  5. Find node in the list and change to “Allow incoming connections”.
  6. Click ok.
  7. Restart your ionic server.

“proxies”: [
{
“path”: “/actions”,
“proxyUrl”: "https://yourdomain.com”,
“rejectUnauthorized” : false

}

]

------------cut here----
That way, I called /actions/login.php or anything else and the proxy would redirect it to the corresponding end point , in this case https://yourdomain.com/login.php automatically. This works for me only for development of course.

I have the same issue with my real app. Why a very simple test app it works

That would be great indeed, I love the concept but I am developing with many custom plugins so I cannot use the app at all

Hi. I’ve just tried it, for starters, its awesome, but…

• there’s no debugging as @max already pointed out,
  • ngx-translate doesn’t work at all, sadly, I have no idea if this is a problem with downloading json file or anything else since there’s no debugging.

I’d love to see these features rolling out or at least debugging,… at this state however, for me, as developer, its not usable.

Keep up the good work! :wink:

Not sure if they would want to opensource it, with the login prompt and such.

But just thinking out loud, it should be possible to create your own DevApp, using the feature in Cordova to load external JS sources (can’t feed a solid source yet). And if you would get Livereload to work that would be nice, although not even very necessary as controlling the plugins is more paramount to me.

Got to research this more…

Edit: completed research. Very easy to do this, so now I have made my own DevApp app (based on Ionic) in which I can livereload over wifi and control all plugins. Only console.log over wifi to devtools is tbd. I agree to the suggestion to opensource DevApp. No need to keep that one closed.

Regards

Tom

Local DevApp: Mix `ionic cordova run --livereload` with ideas from the Ionic DevApp

Well im using ionic DevApp my app work properly but when im trying to connect to my api i got a error response with status 0 url null, but in my browser work properly my server url is http://192.168.57.128:8089/api
Any help ?

How to inspect element when app running with DevApp ?

Ok first off

This is a GREAT app :wink:

hoping…

That this app will eventually work with Ionic Native Items like Google Maps Native

if i missed a work around…

Sorry, Please advice

Good job, guys! Have some performance issues, but it works.
Also native plugins don’t work, error: “plugin_not_installed”. Native plugins are supported already?

Same issue here (Android). Seems like devicready never gets fired…

Am I missing something here?

I assumed that Devapp is nothing more than an emulator and is not a replacement for a real build and install on the platform.

Cordova calls are not made with ionic serve so why would you expect them to work when you link a device to the ionic serve pc.

Sorry for the question. But I did not find anything here. I’m using “ionic cordova run android --device -lc”. Is there a difference if I start using DevApp?

I really hoped that ionic was in the opposite direction. I hate testing on mobile, chrome debugging helps me so much. Would a dream plugins cordova running in the browser through Service Workers?

@plmetz
Run with ’ ionic serve -c’ command to view the logs in your command shell

Summary of DevApp problems getting a URL(Cors, Unsigned Certs, No Certs, Missing a Ca Cert etc.)

This APP works great!, but I discovered the following principles:

1. Whatever runs inside of it, it is treated like a real signed APP for Android. Meaning that it will strictly enforce that any URL you are accessing not only has a valid COR response but also it has to be https and their certificate has to pass the test of any sslchecker tool on the web, any error, it will give you back Network 0 error.

2. In the case, You don’t control the back-end for now and in the mean time, you are planning to develop using this nice tool. then you can use the @ionic/cli-plugin-proxy plugin and configure it as follows: This will help you not getting any error during development time, but keep in mind that if you publish to Ionic PRO it won’t work, because your URL end point still might have problems.

inside ionic.config.json , you can add the following: note the comma (,) before proxies, since you are just adding another element to it just before the last } .
“proxies”: [
{
“path”: “/localserver”,
“proxyUrl”: “https://your-endpoint.com”,
“rejectUnauthorized” : false
}
]

Notes; If you build a debug-apk , it won’t check the 100% valid of the ssl cert of the end-point, it is only until you build a --prod --release and signed it , that you will come up with a surprise that it won’t work.

The app is auto-crashing when I open it. iPhone X, iOS 11.

Is it possible to get the fingerprint-aio plugin included? We had some successful tests with DevApp, but we just merged fingerprint support.

just try it with ionic blank starter template, but when run DevApp on my iPhone, it just show white screen. Below are the detail of my ionic CLI dev environment

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.17.0
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.17.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.0.1
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.8.0

System:

Node : v6.10.3
npm  : 3.10.5
OS   : Windows 10

Misc:

backend : legacy

anyone experience the same issues ?

tried this, doesn’t work for me for some reason.