Ionic DevApp Feedback Mega-thread

You are the BEST! Thank you!

When I run the app on my IOS device I do not see my app. I am able to open the external link on the device but the app indicates that it is “Listening for apps on your network”. If I connect directly to my router via a network cable I can see and use the app. What I am I doing wrong.

I am ising barcodescanner phonegap plugin with cordova. App crashes right after scanning a barcode. Installing it natively works fine…

Device: Galaxy S9
I can’t find DevApp version but I just installed it 2 days ago…

1 Like

How can I save manually connecting IP/PORT information on Ionic Dev App?
So I can reuse it next time when I run.

I use USB cable internet connection from Mac to Android. It’s not WiFi connection. And I have to retype it over again.

Thanks.

same goes here. any updates?

With DevApp my Android device, on ionic 4 beta, I have no console log :

Do you know if it is normal or maybe you have a workaround in beta mode?

In addition to typing in the ip address and port manually, DevApp should include a way to point the camera at your screen and connect. (Obviously, I’m having problems getting with the auto-discovery… using iOS, home WiFi, Mac)

IMG_7407

I can’t find my App in the DevApp too. When i connect the laptop with my mobile hotspot everything worked fine, but in my office wlan it doesn’t. I tried to add a rule to inbound rules of windows-firewall, but this doesn’t work either.
Entering the Address manually causes a long white screen and then a “Failed to load” Error.
Any Ideas?^^

Did anybody observe, that when you make a Ionic4 & Angular6 Project, that the devApp is starting fine, but it returns a error regarding the vendor.js. The error is “use of const in strict mode”.
Maybe somebody got an answer?

To reproduce start a project ionic and angular6 project from scratch.

Then try to run on devapp.

Greets!

where? I have similar issue. can you help me out?

I have similar issue. It’s not my own web services. I can not modify that. so, is there any way to solve this problem
?

You will have to add your local API to your backend API CORS configuration as an allowed origin. I was using php with Laravel and they had a CORS package to configure it. If you are using other languages it should have something similiar

Outlook til iOS

Please add following preference to the config.xml

<preference name="AllowInlineMediaPlayback" value="true" />

In my use case, my app is using HTML5 <video> Tag and on IOS Devices the Video will always play’s in Fullscreen without this setting.

Hi, the remote devices from Chrome console is still unavailable with Ionic DevApp ?

Hello,

App freeze after starting on network check … dont know how I can retrieve some logs or something to forward @ionicteam to help

Cordova plugin not working in ionic DevApp. I have installed https://ionicframework.com/docs/native/image-picker/ this plugin … it is working fine when build but not with ionic serve -c and see in the DevApp

It’s giving below error in console -

[app-scripts] [00:51:38]  console.warn: Ionic Native: tried calling ImagePicker.getPictures, but the ImagePicker plugin is not 
[app-scripts]             installed. 
[app-scripts] [00:51:38]  console.warn: Install the ImagePicker plugin: 'ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-telerik-imagepicker' 

+1 for this issue but for some reason on android only not iOS

I installed DevApp and I love it to bits. It however doesn’t seem to run cordova plugins and I cannot get it to capture console logs. I am using ionic serve-c to run it.

It does, but only a specific list: https://ionicframework.com/docs/appflow/devapp/#native-cordova-plugin-support

I read that before. I am trying to use the emailComposer which it supports.
Here are my Angular code snippets.