Ionic cordova resources not working ()

Ionic cordova resources
requires me to login, but login is not possible. However I’m able to login by that email on the page. I just want to generate the splash image for the browser platform. Why I have to login to accomplish that ?

$ ionic cordova resources 
[WARN] You need to be logged into your Ionic account in order to run ionic cordova resources.

If you don't have one yet, create yours by running: ionic signup

? Email: XXXXXX@XXXXXX

? Password: [hidden]
Request: POST https://api.ionic.io/login
Response: 404
Body: 
{ link: null,
  type: 'NotFound',

ionic info

cli packages: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-plugin-proxy : 1.4.6
    @ionic/cli-utils        : 1.9.2
    ionic (Ionic CLI)       : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 7.0.1 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 2.1.3
    Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3 browser 4.1.0 ios 4.3.1
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.6.0

System:

Node : v8.1.2
    npm  : 5.4.0 
    OS   : Linux 4.8

Hi just type “ionic signup” and type enter. Ionic dashboard signup page will open. Create a ionic account. Now type “ionic cordova resources” in command prompt. It prompt the email and password. Just enter the login credentials that you created just before… It will work

On what page exactly?

Ionic is doing a migration between two backends and all kinds of things based on these are broken right now or don’t work as expected.

I did create an account, I wrote this post using it. Still i’m unable to use “ionic cordova resources” locally.
This situation is kind of silly. I have to wait for some backend migration to finish in order to generate an image locally on my computer…

Well, not responding to questions asked by people trying to help you is also kind of silly :man_shrugging: There is a reason why I asked you on what page you created that account…

Besides, the images are generated on a remote server and then downloaded to your computer. So of course, a remote service requires authentication.

And in general: Tell Ionic team that you find this silly at http://ionicframework.com/support#support They are not active around here and probably won’t see your post.

Thank You for responding Sujan12. I didn’t know that there are several ways to create an account. I created mine using:

ionic signup

After that I was redirected to https://dashboard.ionicjs.com/signup

I’ll do some research and than contact the support. For now it seems like too much overhead. I need to do a lot of unnecessary operations in order to get an image resized. What’s worse it is not working.

Then the solution to your problem is probably this:

First ionic config set backend pro -g, then ionic login, then ionic cordova resources.

11 Likes

The solution for me is to have a choice! I would prefer to be able to build everything locally offline, just as it was in previous versions. I’m also unable to check where those resources are sent, are they confidential, who has access to them. Are they being kept on the servers, which servers ? What about the legal side of this ? Do I still have all the rights to the generated files ?

I hope I’ll be able to use cordova with imagemagick and just skip ionic cordova resources.

What choice are you talking about? You can choose to use whatever tool you want.

Resource generation with ionic cordova resources or ionic resources always used a remote server to process and resize the images. Nothing changed here, it only requires a login now to make this more obvious.

Also there are multiple options that do this locally, search npm for them. But of course these won’t handle the changes to config.xml etc.

OK. Thank You very much for clarification Sujan12. I didn’t know that external servers were used for resource creation, there is no information about that anywhere.

It wasn’t documented for a long time, but now is:

This command uses Ionic servers, so we require you to be logged into your free Ionic account. Use ionic login to login.

Splash Screen Image Icon Generator | Generate Cordova Resources, End of “Details”

Thanks!

It worked with this command!

One more suggestion for working with ionic resources
The icon and splash screen png size is less in MegaBytes
and the size in following pixels
1024x1024px icon.png.
2732x2732px splash.png.

Awesome Solution… Thank you Sujan… :slight_smile:

ionic config set backend legacy -g
use above command

i did all these steps but again it is showing [ERROR] Incorrect email or password :frowning:

After creating ionic pro account login with this command:

ionic login [email] [password]

More info in: https://ionicframework.com/docs/cli/login/

2 Likes

thank you so much, you save me!!!