Ionic capacitor change splash screen

Hello everyone how i can change splashscreen on capacitor on ionic 5

@mhartington can you give me a answer of this thank you

Directly through each platform’s IDE (Xcode or Android Studio). You do this just like any native application.

1 Like

I Want to know for application android how i can change it

Thank you

You would need to modify them from the actual native IDE.

1 Like

Its really a lot of work if compared with:

ionic cordova resources android

that changes splashscreen and default icon.

cld

1 Like

I found a solution using a project with Cordova to generate the different measures of icons and splash with ionic cordova resources android Then in my current project, locate the respective images in Android Studio, open them in the file manager and replace the files with the images previously generated

1 Like

Is “use some other tool” still really the correct answer ?
I’ve developed in Linux just using ionic cli.
I’ve managed to build and sign an android .aab file that uploads to Google Play ok without opening Android Studio directly (I have problems with that because my linux is hosted in HyperV - but that’s another issue).

Is there an easier way for people who just want it to work :slight_smile:

I just found a more up to date solution that is not yet mentioned in this thread, from Dale Zak:

He created this gist: Ionic Capacitor Resources Generator ¡ GitHub

It worked on newly added adroid platform from ‘npx cap add android’.

IMPORTANT: If you have only android platform just like me, you should ignore/remove/comment the IOS part from this workflow, i.e: cordova-res ios, the lines 84, 85 from resources.js

All credits go to Dale Zak

Now that we are in 2022, it looks like Google has a prefered system of using adaptive icons created from vector art for the Android splash screen. The process that I just used took some effort to learn and involved using the Image Asset and Vector Asset tools in Android Studio and editing AndroidManifest.xml and styles.xml. The system is outlined at Splash Screen That page has a link to information about adaptive icons and how to create them.
As a member of the Ionic team, do you have any information about whether this “Google method” is required going forward, or if tools like cordova-res or the @joshmorony approach (both of which I belive use bitmap images) are still workable?