How to add custom splashscreen to android? iOS already works

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to add a custom icon and a custom splashscreen to android.

I already successfully did it for iOS by doing ionic cordova resources ios.
The same command substituting ios for android gives me:
[OK] No need to regenerate images--source files unchanged.

But when I then deploy to android there is the standard ionic icon and the standard ionic splash screen.

I also tried deleting the app from the device using adb uninstall <app-name> and then I did ionic cordova platform remove android and ionic cordova platform add android to no success.

Ionic info:

cli packages: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.19.1
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.19.1

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.8
    Cordova Platforms  : android 6.4.0 ios 4.5.4
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2

System:

ios-deploy : 1.9.2 
    ios-sim    : 6.0.0 
    Node       : v9.4.0
    npm        : 5.6.0 
    OS         : macOS High Sierra
    Xcode      : Xcode 9.2 Build version 9C40b 

Environment Variables:

ANDROID_HOME : not set

Misc:

backend : pro

The android home variable is indeed set, as it tells me so when building the apk.

Any help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

If you navigate in your <project_root>/resources folder in your project, is there a splash.png that looks like the image you want to use as a splash screen for android?

How do the images in your <project_root>/resources/android/splash folder look like? They should also look like the image you want to use as a splash screen for android.

If first is wrong, you have to replace the icon and splash png with the images you want to use.

If second is wrong, some error probably occurred while running the ionic cordova resources command. Delete the android folder in <project_root>/resources/ and rerun ionic cordova resources android

Fixed it by deleting <project_root>/resources/android/ and calling ionic cordova resources again :slight_smile: Thank you!

You are welcome. Can you please mark your last post or mine as the solution, so that everybody can see this thread has been solved. Thanks.