Adding splash screens and logos

I’m using capacitor and I have a bunch of assets ready to add on the android and ios versions of my app. What’s the best way of doing that ?

After 1 second of googling i found this blog post: https://www.joshmorony.com/adding-icons-splash-screens-launch-images-to-capacitor-projects/#ios-launch-images

I was also able to google and find this post. I was following the instructions and came across some problems. So I kept searching and found this: Splash Screen | Cordova Splash Screen Plugin for Android & iOS as well as many other different answers so I’m now wondering which of the options would be the smoothest /best. Seems like a 1 second Google search isn’t sufficient after all.

The Plugin you posted has nothing to do with changing the Resource Files. Also it’s a Cordova Plugin. The Capacitor one is this one: Capacitor - build cross platform apps with the web - There under “guides” they linked the same blog post i mentioned earlier so i bet it works. What are the problems you have here?

Yeah that’s exactly how I found about the post too. I followed the tutorial and when I tried to build it I got an error of an “xml” file missing or something. Now I’m trying manually changing each icon so I can’t see the error. I hope it will work

I just replicated the error. I went to the res file and clicked new → image asset. I added the image and when I clicked run I got:

android/app/src/main/res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher.xml:4: AAPT: error: resource mipmap/ic_launcher_foreground (aka io.ionic.starter:mipmap/ic_launcher_foreground) not found.