Intent to run an old app that has lot's of outdated dependancies, where do I start?

I have an app that runs on ionic 0.1.0 and has lot’s of outdated dependencies.

I would like to get it running again, but I don’t know where to start. The app was build on ionic 0.1.0, 2 years ago. Many dependancies have gone out of date or are replaced.

Should I throw the whole thing away and build a new one on the current versions of cordova / ionic or is there a way to get the old app running again?

Does anyone have experience rebooting old apps?

Does it work in its current state?

Install the current Ionic CLI and see what it makes with the project. Does it recognize it as a v1 project? if so, can you build? If so, does it actually run on a device?

Thank you.

It works if you install it from the app store.

It does not work if you use the ionic cli to serve / lab the project. It says that the project folder is not found.

I’m not sure if it recognises it as a v1 project.

Run ionic info in the project directory and paste the output here.
Is there a ionic.project file? If so, rename it to ionic.config.json. Rerun ionic info then.

Thanks again!

I’m in the mobileApp folder which contains our project.

I get this as a result:

[WARN] You are not in an Ionic project directory. Project context may be missing.

global packages:

@ionic/cli-utils : 1.3.0
Ionic CLI        : 3.3.0

System:

Node       : v8.0.0
OS         : macOS Sierra
Xcode      : Xcode 8.3.2 Build version 8E2002
ios-deploy : not installed
ios-sim    : not installed

Yeah, so the CLI can’t recognize the project.

Create a new Ionic v1 project and compare the folder content: https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic-cli#ionic-1

Nothing like it. Thank you for your efforts. I’m going to completely remove it and rebuild.