In App Browser wrapped in page

Is there a way to have the In App Browser plugin open in my current page? Basically wrapped with my navbar and bottom tab with Android? Or is there a different way to just load a url in my app?

I do this in native iOS/swift using a web view, is there something similar to that for Android?

Thanks.

Keith

Easiest way to achieve this would be an iframe

1 Like

Thank you for the response, I didn’t really think of doing an iframe. I thought iconic might have a better way, but if not i’ll give that a shot.

Thanks.

Keith

The iframe gives me a cross site scripting error, I can disable that if I have to but it would be nice just to customize the look of In App Browser and add a button to the header.

Well ideally you would use an InAppBrowser or similar plugins (I like the
BrowserTab plugin).

But since your requirement is to keep the header and the footer of your app
to wrap the browser instance, I’m afraid iFrame is your only option.

1 Like

Oh I’m just reading your second comment.

I think the right plugin for you would be ThemeableBrowser. You can find it in the Ionic Native Docs.

As far as I can remember, it let’s you customise a lot of things including adding buttons to the header.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know about the BrowserTab plugin, that looks a lot better unless I can customize the In App one. I looked at that ThemeableBrowser one but it was a little confusing on how to actually use once installed.

Thanks.

keith