How to generate the APK file in VS2015?

Building is successful, but these is no APK, even no build folder in the android folder. How to generate the APK file in VS2015?

Hello @reikami

Generating APK files is nothing to do with VS2015 or in fact any editor. Look at documentation in GitHub, ionic to know more about deployement process.

Hello, vijquick. Thank you for your answer.

I knew the method that build apk in node. But I’m just not very sure about that I was able to generate the APK file in VS2015 when I worked on Ioinc 1, but now, I can’t find the apk file after building a Ionic 2 project.

Is it not showing in solution explorer of VS2015 files or is not there in your windows folder at all? The path of the apk folder is platforms\android\build\outputs\apk, from your app root folder. Just check if it exists in that folder?

I create a new Ionic2 project in VS2015, after I build this project, there is no APK in platforms\android\build\outputs. And these is even no platforms\android\build folder.

I create a new Ionic2 project in VS2015, I copy those files which have already generated apk in node to the new Ionic2 project, after I build this project, the folder ‘platforms\android\build’ will be removed.

I dont konw if I made some mistake.

I decided to automate this process by building a simple tool. You may find it useful: https://www.npmjs.com/package/buildonic