Got some Questions

1. How does ionic work with websites like grids and flexbox?
  2. Am I forced to use firebase or can I use node and express with it?
  3. How does CSS work can I use a framework like tailwinds?
  4. From my understanding, you code it once and it works for everything? like pc,Linux,mac os, ios,andriod, and web ?
  5. Can I use SEO with my web app?
    7.Will I Need to know typescript and angular in 2021?

Sorry for all the questions I just wanted to ask, before I invest time reading the docs.

Did you mean to ask some or all of these things about Ionic instead of Flutter? Flutter is, roughly speaking, a competitor, so the Ionic forums are probably not going to be the most prolific source of information about it.

o sorry, I meant ionic. I’m trying to decide between flutter and ionic

In that case,

Ionic provides some layout tools (like a grid), but you don’t have to use them if you don’t want. Personally, I just use ordinary CSS Grid layout. I suspect Ionic’s grid is more intuitive to people familiar with Bootstrap. So you can lay Ionic components out however you wish.

Those two things aren’t the same category, so they can’t get one answer. Here is how Ionic works with React. I don’t know what you mean with “javascript” here: if you are saying you don’t want to use any framework at all, then I would consider that ill-advised, but yes, it’s theoretically possible.

I have written many Ionic apps over 5 years now, and never once used firebase, node, or express with any of them, so no, you are not forced to use any of those things.

You probably could, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Much of the value Ionic provides is in its styling, so mixing that with some other library would likely result in a sort of “off-feeling” mishmash UI.

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. Basically you have a web app that looks and feels largely like a mobile app when deployed to mobile devices, and there are hooks allowing you to interact with native functionality in various deployment environments.

SEO is one of those terms that makes my eyes glaze over, but you can control how routing URLs are constructed, if that answers your question.

“Need”? No. “Should”? In the case of TypeScript, IMHO absolutely, categorically yes. It shields you from many of the fundamental language design problems that make JavaScript the worst language I have ever had to work in. As for Angular, I still use it and would recommend it. However, if you prefer React or Vue, Ionic has first-class support for those frameworks as well, so it is (AFAIK: I just use Angular) perfectly feasible to use Ionic without Angular.

2 Likes

1 more question sorry, from my understanding ionic is slower than flutter but how much slower? Is ionic fast enough that I would notice a speed difference?

I’ve never used Flutter, so no idea.

Here is a artical i found on Flutter v/s Ionic Link

Flutter vs Ionic performance comparison might the one that answers you question regarding speed…

But in general, I found this article to quite exhaustive on this topic…

2 Likes