Getting my app onto my iPhone

I just started developing apps.

I have an early version of my application and I would like to get it onto my iPhone, so I bought a developer account.

However, now I cannot find anything about how to get the app onto the phone. How do I do this?

You must set up a few profiles on your system, provisioning a developer profile. A good tutorial that I found was this one, but it is a bit dated. That being said, it still is a good source of information on how to get started and where to go.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the video!

I have now made the profiles and certificates I need. However, since I am not using (Eclipse?) but Sublime Text, I do not have the option to click Run.

When running the command-line ionic run ios I am getting the following error:

Code Sign error: No matching provisioning profiles found: No provisioning profiles with a valid signing identity (i.e. certificate and private key pair) were found.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 7.0'

How do I make it find the provisioning profile?

Ah see you need to be working in Xcode to get the profiles matched to your device first. You can’t test an app on your device if the profile isn’t set up for it.

I think you should take some time messing around in Xcode and understanding how things work in there before going full steam a head. Just my 2 cents…