Packaging Test App for iOS

I have been having some trouble figuring out how to get my test app onto my phone. I have been trying to package through ionic and getting some error.

Uploading app…
Error upload response: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < (CLI v1.2.8)

Then when I try
ionic run --device

I get

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: No provisioning profiles found: No non–expired provisioning profiles were found.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 8.1’

Getting a little frustrated trying to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have your device registered for development and team provisioning profile correctly installed on it?

If not (or not sure), following this guide should help:
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/LaunchingYourApponDevices/LaunchingYourApponDevices.html

Hope it helped.

The packaging and uploading along with the Ionic View app isn’t working yet. Not really sure why it’s included in the CLI at all at the moment as it seems to cause a lot of confusion and gives the impression something is wrong, when it’s just still being developed.

For running it on an iOS device you will need to be running on a Mac, with XCode installed and be a member of Apple Dev program and as @lrolecek says, you must have provisioning profiles configured correctly etc.

I am completely new to ios dev. I’ve made an initial iteration of my app & signed up to the apple dev program.

Is there an idiots guide to what to do now? How do i open my project in xcode & deploy it to my phone?

OK, I seem to have accidently deployed it / worked it out. open xcode, open existing project, navigate to platforms/ios and there is a xcodeproj waiting to be opened. then follow instructions on the link above.