'Cordova/CDVViewController.h' file not found in Xcode 7.1 beta

Thanks - this worked for me on Xcode 7.2

Has anyone figured out what the root cause of this is? Is it a version issue with cordova?

shazronā€™s fix works for me, but I see this error popup randomly when building.

So Iā€™ve noticed that if I run ionic build ios and ** BUILD SUCCEEDED ** is not in the output from the command, then I will get the CDVVIEW error when I try to archive the build. 90% of the time rerunning ionic build ios will build correctly and not throw this error.

1 Like

Thanks worked for me too. awesome :slight_smile:

None of the above helped me but I did start to get different errors when I added the recommended search path to build settings. The fix suggested by XCode was to change such references:
#import <Cordova/CDVViewController.h>`` to#import ā€œCordova/CDVViewController.hā€`

Ultimately this change in 4 places (2 files) allowed me to successfully archive/generate my .ipa file.

Upgrading to cordova iOS version 3.9.2 was the solution for me. I was on 3.8.0 somehow.

ionic platform remove ios
ionic platform add ios@3.9.2
ionic prepare ios

You could use cordova iOS v4.1.0 as well, but you lose support for iOS 6 and 7. Plus cordova-plugin-screen-orientation is not updated for v4, so you have to lock your app to portrait or landscape. Otherwise, 4.1.0 seems good to go!

1 Like

Thanks! Worked for me.

This solutions works for me

Worked for me too! Thanks!

All you need to do is updating your ios platform if you are using the latest version of Xcode.

cordova platform update ios
2 Likes

Nice man, its work fine for me.

Its work for me! Thanks Shazron.

Using Ionic 1 Framework.

ionic platform remove ios

ionic platform add ios

(I attempted an ā€˜ionic build iosā€™, but this failed as Iā€™m sure there were configurations I needed from xcode)

Opened my project in xcode.
Updated configurations (profile and capabilities)

Built Successfully

Iā€™m having this problem on Ionic 2. When I do

$cordova platform update ios

It causes my plugins to become out of sync. I then have to remove the platform and start againā€¦ Any ideas?

$ ionic info

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 7.0.0
Ionic Framework Version: 3.1.1
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.3
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Scripts Version: 1.3.7
ios-deploy version: 1.9.0
ios-sim version: 4.1.1
Node Version: v6.9.4
Xcode version: Xcode 8.3.2 Build version 8E2002

Thanks this work perfectly for me. =D