Cannot build, run or emulate after XCode 6 & iOS 8 updates

Hi,

I’m having trouble building, emulating and running my project using ionic after updating to xcode 6 and ios8. Opening the project in xcode works ok although I can’t update the build. Ionic serve is working ok. During xcode 6 installation xcode tools were updated. Is there something else I should update to get everything running again or is this an issue that is already being dealt with? (It could also just be an issue with me).

There are pages of output after each request I make that start off like this and then basically go through the entire folder structure:

devs-MacBook-Pro:homePage dev$ ionic build ios
rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/cordova.js

rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/cordova.js
rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/cordova_plugins.js

rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/cordova_plugins.js
rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/css/style.css

rm: could not remove file (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/css/style.css
rm: could not remove directory (code EACCES): /Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/homePage/platforms/ios/www/css

This sounds like a unix level permissions issue…

Seems to be working again now. I changed nothing although I did reboot somewhere along the line.

I get this error too. I just add sudo to the beginning of the command in terminal

2 Likes

sudo solves the problem. Thanks.

Is there a command to automatically give permission to the user so that it isn’t necessary to use sudo each time?

The simpler way is to update permissions to your project folder (/Users/dev/Desktop/homepage/)
Good tutorial here. http://www.macinstruct.com/node/415

1 Like

I fixed this issue by running “sudo ionic platform remove ios” and then “ionic platform add ios”

5 Likes

This worked for me as well, thanks!

to get the remove/add mentione above to work I had to delete the .cordova/lib/npm_cache.cordova-ios folder