I used to work alone with ionic framework but my future project is bigger and I have to work with a team which don’t know ionic.
My team is composed with a graphic artist, a front-end (html/css) developer and a developer for the back office services.
My job will be to call the back-office services, to integrate the results in the mock-up (content part) created by the front-end developer, to create the template (menu, header, footer, tabs, pull to refresh,…), to use some plugins (GPS, datepicker, analytics,…) and to generate the packages (Android, Ios)
I’am creating on a list of best practices to give to each member of the team.
Could you help me to fill it with your good practices?
Back-end Services :
- Use JSON format
Front-end (html/css) developer :
- Use ionic Framework (CSS part)
- Use CSS library as few as possible
- Ensure to use HTML/CSS components available for the target (Android 4 + Ios 7) => caniuse.com
- Limit the use of gradient/radius/shadow/text-align
- Use CSS sprite sheet
- Optimize images
Integrator (Me) :
- Use JS library as few as possible
- Avoid DOM manipulation
- Minimize network access
- Use localstorage to cache static data
I have not mentioned the 300ms click delay, the use of hardware acceleration and the way to scroll because using ionic framework resolve those issues.
Thanks for your help