Backend PHP + Ionic?

Hi everyone,

I just want to know if it’s possible build an app with backend totally in php (validate login, connect to database, etc)?
If so there are differences in performance?

You should be fine. The issues will probably more about poor network connections (or even the lack of one).

Chris

1 Like

@leugim_ohlavrac php works great. I have built an entire backend service from scratch with nothing but php and performance is fantastic. A complete Login, registration, and authentication system, image uploading and resizing, submitting multiple forms with mysql database connections… all work great, and fast. All running on Windows Server 2012 r2.

Good Luck,

Robert

2 Likes

Yep, Robert is absolutely right.

I’ve built a few Ionic apps using wordpress/php as the backend with awesome results. Just have to make sure you understand XSS and know how to manage the app sessions correctly since you’ll have to do it manually (at least in this case).

Ionic is backend agnostic. If you can make a javascript/xhr call to it, Ionic will happily work with it.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help.

Just one more thing, anyone knows a tutorial where I manage a db in php and execute a query for the login and then save this credentials in tokens? My point is to save the credentials so the next time it’s open the app, the login is made automatically?

@leugim_ohlavrac i think you could just store the user’s credentilas in local storage or SqlLite database on login. This could then be easy to login the user automatically after first login.

2 Likes

Agreed, that’s the way to do it.

I’ll typically store the user session in local storage, then my app’s root component is normally a blank page named “start” that just checks for the session, then sends the user to the correct page depending on if they’re logged in or not.

2 Likes