App ID already exists in project config. Would you like to link a different app?

I just upgraded to Ionic Pro and am trying to link my legacy apps. When typing ionic link I receive the following message:

App ID already exists in project config. Would you like to link a different app?

If I choose no, it stops. If I choose yes, then I have to create a new app in the pro Dashboard, which then switches the ID of my app. So I did that, then after git push ionic master the build fails and I’m stuck.

I deleted the app from the Pro dashboard and tried again, only to get:

I’m stuck in a loop from hell with no idea how to get out of it and get my apps converted to Pro.

Any suggestions?

What is the build fail message as shown in the dashboard?

Error: Failed to transpile program

I received a messages about missing build script, something like Failed at the Admin@ build script which I investigated; people were saying you needed the build script in your package.json, which I already have.

This is scripts section of my my package.json

"scripts": {
    "clean": "ionic-app-scripts clean",
    "build": "ionic-app-scripts build",
    "ionic:build": "ionic-app-scripts build",
    "ionic:serve": "ionic-app-scripts serve"
  },

OK, so it turns out that I had a bad link in one of my providers that was breaking the build. Fixed the link and build succeeded!