We need an Ionic + PhoneGap Build tutorial, and a companion Ionic Basics Tutorial

OMG, I can feel you are my life saver !

Thank you for your tutorials !

Hi

You can send me tutorials.
Please???
I am beginner level But I am a good UI developer/

2 weeks ago I talked about porting web applications to mobile at the AngularJS@Budapest meetup. Here is my summary, I hope it will be useful.
http://blog.budacode.com/2015/06/09/ionic-angularjs-and-firebase-equals-hybrid-heaven/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=linksite&utm_campaign=ionic-forum

I would like to see a simple workflow tutorial between ionic and phonegap as well. It seems it’s as simple as zipping up the www + config.xml and uploading it to phonegap build but more info on the dependencies, signing keys and end to end workflow would be most welcome.

I love the Ionic CLI and the other command line tools, but if the CLI is not your cup of tea isn’t then the Ionic Lab tool an option? http://lab.ionic.io/

Ionic Lab is a desktop app that allows you to perform all of the CLI operations through a GUI instead of through the command line.

By the way, I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t tell if it works well or not. Also I suppose that under the hood it’s still using the CLI so I don’t know how it manages the installation of that, it could be that you still need to install stuff like nodejs as a prerequisite so it’s not exactly like “I only need notepad”.

(but seriously, who wants to develop an app of any complexity using only notepad?)

Also wondering why we need the extra complication of Phonegap Build when ionic.io can do full Android and iOS builds for you?

And by the way the quickest and easiest way to develop and test your app (especially in the initial phase) is not on a device but though the browser (using “ionic serve”), Phonegap Build doesn’t give you that, that’s why the Ionic CLI (or maybe the Ionic Lab app) is so productive.

Thinking of it, the absolutely easiest way to try out Ionic if you don’t want to install anything would be through CodePen where you just write HTML, Javascript and CSS online, see:

But in the end I would say if you’re serious about developing apps with Ionic then why not spend some time (half a day max) to properly install your development tools, this is an investment that will pay itself back very quickly.

FYI: Ionic Lab is being shut down.

Look at Ionic Deploy as alternate to using PhoneGap Build.

Chris