IDE for creating cordova Apps

I use Intellij which is almost same with Webstorm and command line to integrated with cordova.

When working with cordova plugins there is problem with debugging on a real device.
Here is solution which worked for me: http://www.raymondcamden.com/index.cfm/2012/5/10/Setting-up-console-debugging-for-PhoneGap-and-Android

i’m using IntelliJ (the big brother of WebStorm/PhpStorm) + cordova line commands

I use Sublime Text 3 with plugins for Angular.
Deploy / build with cordova command line.

i using WebStorm :slight_smile:
It’s very good and its terminal it very interesting for to compile cordova

i use IntelliJ ( with plugins for Angular) + command line as well

I’ve been using AppBuilder (from Telerik) for a while now. They have a Sublime Text package that allows me to use their build services but stick to ST as my editor. Best simulators that I’ve seen too - way better than Ripple.

I use Webstorm 8 + yeoman + generator-ionic + generator-angular
Yeoman.
Webstorm has Grunt and Angilar and SASS integration!

I am using Eclipse. I find the HTML code formatting annoying because it always wraps ION tags on a single line. Apart from that it is doing its job.

For me also webstorm, especially because I use typescript. I use grunt as well. For fast development use android real device with kitkat 4.4.2, debugging with chrome://inspect. I compile the host app once with all plugins, and run my index.HTML file from outside apk file, and on file changes detected by grunt watch i do adb push of the files to the device, and I also push a “reload” marker file. If the device detects this file it does a reload of the current route and deletes the marker file. This gives me live reload on the device. No more waiting for recompiling the same host app all the time, only to include your www folder.

For me its also webstorm. It actually allows to configure custom “builds” so you could use grunt or ionic command line tools to semi-automate tests and deployments.

NetBeans provides a perfect development environment for Ionic and everything else around it.

3 Likes

i use microsoft notepad…

I’ll have to go with Webstorm

i recently found this ide neodym, it looks promising

The Best thing to use is Visual Studio Tools For Apache Cordova. You can get the Ionic Template. And easily deploy to iOS(even from Windows), Android, and Windows Phone! It’s amazing, plus Microsoft Virtual Academy has tons on resources on this. You don’t even have to spend time setting up environment variables and setting up all the SDKs,it automates the whole entire set up for you, with just one click! In fact with these tools you can combine Cordova + Ionic with something called WinJS, and even deploy to Windows and Xbox! It’s truly the best thing out there! Just take one look, you will love it!

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/cordova-vs.aspx

how did you manage to run Ionic framework thru Netbeans8 ? i can run app, but it doesn’t use ionic server, so for example proxy for contacting my server (obviously it works on a different port than ionic/cordova) doesn’t work

Have you heard about Visual Studio Code?
I’m using it and Eclipse also.
VSC is light and excellent to work with html and js files.

Seriosly wasn’t expecting this from NetBeans. It’s really good.

It has ionic autocomplete?