Working app with Admob free plugin?

Hello,

some weeks ago I had tested admob free plugin and it was working. Now I want integrate it in my app and it does show only a black rectange where the Ad shoud be. Interstitual isnt showing. No Error or something else. Creating a app from scratch shows the same issues.

I think it depends on a conflict with a newer version of something.

Can somebody provide me with a working starter app (ionic 3.6 or higher) that only include a working admob free plugin. So that I can figure out from a working starting point, where my issue is?

Thanks in advance and best regards, anna-liebt.

Hello,

there is really nobody, that can provide a minimal working project?

in hope, anna.liebt

Hi there!
I followed this tutorial to get a minimal working project with Admob free plugin:

Hello,

yes I used this too and made it working in an test app. A few weeks later I would implement it in my app and now banner shows only a black rectange, intersitual shows nothing, but the promise is entered correct.

So I setup a blank app and have the same behaviour on any device a had tested.
I have tested different tutorial, but no sucess to get working again.

I tried different nodes or different versions in my package json.

So I think anything is preventing it from showing the ad, but I can’t figure out what it is.

I hoped somebody can zip me a complete app with only admob free plugin with all node_modules and witch node is used, so that I can setup a proven working solution in a vm. If this is working than I can rebuild step by step to my solution to figure out the problem.

By the way,I think it should be a vital interesse of ionic that admob etc. is working without problems. I know that admob free or admob pro isn’t from ionic. But I am working on two projects, and if I can’t solve this, than the next projects aren’t ionic projects anymore.

Best regards, anna-liebt.

Hi @anna_liebt !
I can understand that sometimes it gets really frustrating trying to figure out what’s going wrong.
I do not currently have the test app, but I have implemented the Admob plugin in a project and I would try to help you.
Can you please paste the output of ionic info and ionic requirements commands in your project directory?

Did this ever get resolved @KapilSharma

@Adrien-Z can ou confirm this is up and running?

hello,

no I didn’t solved that, because I made other things and had no time to waste on that… In maybe 2 or 3 weeks I will try it again, hopefully with a better understanding of whatever. If I don’t get it working…

Best regards, anna-liebt

Ok @anna_liebt thnak ou so much for getting back. I will most likely proceed with admob-pro. Just deal with the royalty fees

Hello,
I had tested both and both was working in my tests. Later I tried implementing admob free in my app, I can’t bring it to live. Same with admob pro. So for me it was not clear what the problem is and I tried many different things. Also set up new projects without anything else. I guess, a weak guess, it has something to do with one or more versions of something that not works in these combination, but I can’t figured it out.

By the way, if I remember it right admob free is a fork of admob pro.

As I stated in an other thread, it should be a vital interest of ionic that plugins of hardware access and earn money, like ads, in-app-buy… etc. are working without hassle. As I see, maybe I am wrong because my english is not really good, says ionic: we are making an ui framework and are not responsible for the other things, then I think the are right. But from the view of a developer, if some basic thing in the tool chain are not working people like me looking for …

Best regards, anna-liebt

is this true about only being concerned with UI framework?

Yes, on my end AdMob Free has been working fine.
And the difference between AdMob Free and AdMob Pro (paid one) is that the code for paying the royalty fee to the creator of the plugin has been removed from it (AdMob Pro) to make it free (in AdMob Free).
If you do not mind paying a fraction of your earnings to the person because of whose plugin you are earning, then you should go for AdMob Pro, if you do not want to share your earnings, you should go for AdMob Free.
Hope it helps.

Thank you for getting back you mind sending me your

ionic info

I and a few other users are having trouble showing ads. Seems to be from google but just want to make sure

Here it is:

cli packages: (/Users/kapilsharma/Desktop/hybrid-app/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.18.0
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.18.0

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.0
Cordova Platforms  : android 6.3.0 ios 4.5.3
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2

System:

ios-deploy : 1.9.2 
Node       : v6.11.4
npm        : 5.6.0 
OS         : macOS High Sierra
Xcode      : Xcode 9.2 Build version 9C40b 

Environment Variables:

ANDROID_HOME : not set

Misc:

backend : legacy

Thank you so much do you know what version admon-sdk and admob-free plugin your using. Im gonna get the info over to the github forum. I appreciate it

AdMob Free plugin and sdk versions I used are:
cordova-admob-sdk 0.11.1 "AdMob SDK"
cordova-plugin-admob-free 0.11.0 “Cordova AdMob Plugin”

Great i’m gonna try this out thank you so much for your help

No issues.
If you still face any problems, feel free to share.

Hello @KapilSharma thank you much. getting the same blank banner but maybe my error looks familiar to you . I already have the whitelist plugin installed.

http://localhost:8080/var/containers/Bundle/Application/27869CEC-042E-4EFF-92D3-5BB011E3C995/NotMyApp.app/www/plugins/cordova-plugin-admob-free/www/admob.js.mapFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Hello @Darksideous,
The link you posted was from your localhost, so I could not see anything.
Can you put your problem briefly over here?