Working app with Admob free plugin?

thats the error that shows in the console for the blank banner ad

Have you configured Test Ads in your AdMob account?

yes test ads work fine. When i try to use real ads i get a blank white barā€¦ then i checked my console and i see that failed to load resource error

maybe you can add new application which is released, then add the AD position

Letā€™s make a few things clear first:

1. Do you have your Google Ads unit ID correctly configured?
    a. If you have Android as well as iOS apps, you should be having 2 separate Ad units.
  2. Set Ad unit ID, isTesting=false, and autoShow=false/true in your AdMobFree.banner.config before calling AdMobFree.banner.prepare( )

Note: Also make sure you do not have any Adblocking application installed on your device, plus your device is not rooted (as rooted devices might block ads).

Thank you @KapilSharma i have done all that in fact it was showing ads just a couple days ago when i was about to upload to the app store. Now it is just a blank banner . I have not tested on android yet i am just doing ios . I can try android then android and let you know if i am getting the same result

Yeah go ahead and test with Android as well.
Iā€™ll let you know if I encounter something relevant.

android seems to be working fine. I am goign to upload the android version of my app to production. Still getting the failed ot load resource error in ios. is it because i am using webview. Thank you so much

so the plugin works fine on android funny enough. So i think has to do with ios retrieving the admob.js.map file

just saw your reply. Thank you for getting back to me. So it works fine on android on ios i get a failed to load resource error.

hi guys,

Iā€™m seeing the same problem too on iOS, just a blank white banner.
I just published my app on Google Play as Android is working fine.
I was hoping to submit my iOS version soon but would really like to get the banner working first.

I have contacted Admob but Iā€™m not sure if they will help as they have already replied once saying they donā€™t support devs using 3rd party SDKs.

Iā€™ll keep an eye of this thread and let you know if I get my ad working.
Good luck
Rosh

hello @roshkesso i am also working with some ppl on github to get tp the bottom of this https://github.com/ratson/cordova-plugin-admob-free/issues/106.
Hopefully we can figure it out. Are you getting any errors in the console? Are you using any of ionics webviews. Let me know

@KapilSharma so android works fine my ios ads just started working randomly

Hi @Darksideous,
Yeah I came here from that thread. I have been searching around to see if anyone has had any luck. Seems like you just struck it luckyā€¦I take it you didnā€™t do anything for it to start working?
I havenā€™t been so lucky.

I tried updating my xcode project to use the latest GoogleMobileAds.framework and providing my ad id too but all it did was get rid of the warning that I should use the latest SDK.
And the AdMob SDk guys confirmed the older SDK should still work.

Iā€™m not using anything custom views for admob-free, I have just one bottom banner.
In the obj-c I am hitting the callback: - (void)adView:(GADBannerView *)view didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(GADRequestError *)error {
and the error is just ā€œNo ad to showā€.

The AdMob SDK team have asked me to provide the logs from Charlesā€™ Proxy which I have yet to set up. So I guess Iā€™ll try getting that working. Iā€™ll let you know if I figure anything out.

Hey buddy, here are the things i would double check,
1: check if you are using ionic webview if you are which version
2: If this is your first time using admob ( it was for me) you have to make sure there are no errors pending in your admob account (tax, financial , user etc). COs my ads didnt show because i had an error in my account so silly.
3. Check your console make sure there is no failure to load resource
4. try admob-free 11.0 and sdk 11.1 as well. i tried both
Let me know what end up working for you. I had a hell of a time with this and want to make sure you donā€™t go through the same issue. have a good day

Hi @Darksideous,

Thanks for sticking with me even though your problem is solved. This is a pretty great community of devs.

Iā€™m pretty much on the latest of everything as I only started the project in December.
Granted this is the first Ionic app I have shipped (Android version) so Iā€™m still a noob at the tech.

1. So my versions of webview is: cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.1.16 ā€œcordova-plugin-ionic-webviewā€
  2. This isnā€™t my first admob add. I have another simple iOS app written in swift 3 with a small banner. This app is working fine. I even tried the ad unit id in my Ionic app to see if it would work but it didnā€™t sadly.
  3. Iā€™m not seeing any errors in the console but maybe I donā€™t have it set up correctly. The only error is get is directly in the delegate I mentioned above.
  4. Iā€™m on the latest admob versions:
    cordova-admob-sdk 0.13.1 "AdMob SDK"
    cordova-plugin-admob-free 0.13.0 "Cordova AdMob Plugin"
    Iā€™m going to try to downgrade and see if I get any better luck there. Iā€™ll report back.

I also just sent my Charles Proxy session data to the AdMob SDK team to have a look at it. So they might be able to figure something out.

Thanks for the support Darkā€¦Have a good one!

Quick updateā€¦downgrading to Admob-free 0.11.0 didnā€™t help.
Hopefully the AdMob SDK team will be able to figure something out.

hello , yeah this is very interesting. Are you getting a wh ite blank banner. Mine was working then when i sent ot production it stopped so . It has to be something happening with the build. Let me know what admob says

Hey @Darksideous,

So I heard back from the ADMob SDK team. After looking at my logs all they could say was:

It is interesting to note that the Ad Request itself is returning an empty response which caused the ā€œNo Ad to showā€ No Fill Error. Please note that No Fill Errors can be considered as intended behavior as it means that the Ad Request was successful, but there are no available ads to be displayed at the time of the request. That said, this looks like a serving issue rather than something specific to the Mobile Ads SDK since the Ad Request was sent successfully.

They said I should:

However, you may also consider implementing Mediation to help increase the number of ads available when you make an Ad Request and help lessen the occurrence of No Fill Errors.

Hereā€™s the link they sent me: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/mediation

And despite this, I think I might have ā€œfixedā€ it. Although it doesnā€™t make a whole lot of sense.

So on my iPhone I went to Settings ā†’ Privacy ā†’ Advertising and selected Reset Advertising Identifierā€¦
After doing this I started getting limited ads. Pretty much the same one, then maybe none.

The bit I donā€™t understand is that my other app is working great. I get lots of different ads. So Iā€™m still not sure itā€™s working 100%.
I am going to set up some mediation to see if I can improve the Fill Rate while I wait for my app to be approved.

If you are seeing issues can you try Resetting the Advertising Identifier?

Cheers,
Rosh

hi Rosh, so something interesting happened here to. So i was getting a blank banner when i uploaded my app to production. After 2 days about. I also am getting limited ads. Turbo tax, that dog walking app, and words with friends and all that. SO I think thats what is happening even though for android i get plenty of ads