Webview or native

I was looking for an answer to this question on google, youtube and do not found it.

in the lasts implementation of ionic with capacitor and angular(dez-2021), when I compile a app to android or ios
this build is a webview or native like flutter does?

thats it. thanks.

So the way Capacitor works is that it uses the native system WebView as the rendering engine and offload native work to plugins that are written in native code. Your main application is a web application and we provide plugins and APIs to the native layer.

Flutter does something similar to Capacitor. The main difference is that Flutter creates its own rendering engine that is similar to a WebView and provides plugins and APIs to the native layer. Flutter doesn’t have “native” elements. All of the base Flutter elements are implemented in Dart and rendered in Flutter’s rendering engine.

The performance, render time, accessibility, and usability are pretty similar across Flutter, and Capacitor. Both tools create native Android and iOS applications that you can submit to the app store.

Obviously, I’m a bit biased :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, but if you are already a web developer, Capacitor is a better bet than Flutter since you will be using the exact same tools you already do in addition to Capacitor.

3 Likes