Update to how to publish on Google Play and wrong minSDK version

Hi

I get multiple version, arm and x86, when building my app :slight_smile: is there an update to the guide?
http://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/publishing.html

Also this preference in my config.xml seems to be ignored and set to 14 no matter what i set.
Is there a new preference i have to set?

<preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="16"/>

I have this plugin in my app

cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview

Is it causing all this problems and should i remove it?

Any help appreciated

In your config.xml,you need 2 lines (with your own values)

<preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="14" />
<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="19" />

crosswalk brings performance and browser compatiblity at the cost of adding 15 MB to your apk.
I don’t know if it has requirements on minimal API.

Thank you from your response

I dont have a problem with the targetSdkVersion (I think, haven’t had the need to change this yet, but i both are in the config.xml and used to work…) only minSdkV.

It dont matter what i add to confi.xml the android app still has 14 has minSdkVersion when sent to Google Play

Your AndroidManifest.xml should be overwritten at build time by values in config.xml, can you check in the generated apk?

Yeah its right in the manifest file but not in the apk info on Google Play when uploaded. But i guess the Manifest file is not used with the gradle builds?

Im using
Ionic 1.6.4
Cordova 5.1.1

have you tried to upload your apk to http://www.decompileandroid.com/ to look at your manifest?
this way you would know for sure if it’s an issue inteh build process or not.

So this line is in the manifest file in the platforms/android folder

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="16" android:targetSdkVersion="19" />

But when decompiling the apk there is no such line

Yes for the link.

I’m wondering whether platformBuildVersionCode=“22” could be an issue if you want to run on 19?

Crosswalk has a hook script that writes into config.xml maybe it’s writing sdk version.