Unable to successfully emulate demo ionic app on genymotion

I can sucessfullty add the android platform and build the project, but everytime I attempt to emulate the app in gennymotion it immediately crashes saying “Unfortunately DemoApp has stopped.” It happens on devices running android API version 19, 18, 17, and 16 (all I’ve tried). I saw a related post that said the issue was gennymotion and API version 19, is there any way to change the targeted android version to only try and build up to version 18? Or if anyone else has experienced similar issues and ways to fix let me know. Thanks

Edit: I even tried creating a normal AVD and emulating without genymotion but the app still crashes. I thought I shoul’d also mention that the app is the default project you get when you run
ionic start DemoApp tabs

Edit 2: For some reason deleting the project and making a new one made it work. Not sure why but it working on genymotion now. But I did notice in my genymotion log that it kept spitting out errors saying error libGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.

-sv