Unable to open android project in Android Studio

Help, I can build my project and it will produce an debug.apk, but when I try to open the folder with Android Studio as “Open an exsiting Android Studio project” or as “Import Project” nothing happens. No errror, no new window, noting. I don’t know what else I can try. I reinstalled Android Studio, rebuild the proeject, updated my cordova-android to 6.4.0 but nothing worked.

Using Android Studio 3.0.1 on macOS 10.12.6. What else can I try? It’s really frustrating that Android Studio is not giving any error.

May I ask…why would you like to open you apk in Android Studio respectively wheat’s your goal?

I ask that because I never did that :wink:

I don’t want to open the apk in Android Studio. I said I can build the apk using the CLI. I want to open the android folder.

Oki doki but same question, why respectively what’s the goal?

Well, I have done so in the past and the main goal is just that I find it easier to configure the android emulators in the GUI rather then in the CLI. I’ve done so in the past and would always work for me, that’s why im so perplex that I can’t open this folder.

EDIT: I figured it out, was a problem with permission of the folder, but I have no idea why the permission were changed. Thank you Android Studio for not telling me in any way whats wrong. Only after I downgraded to Android Studio 2.2.3 which has the old file explorer view I saw that the android folder has a tiny lock.

Cool and congrats for finding out what your problem was!!!

Also thx for the feedback, interesting, like I said never did that, I tend to always test on real phone and when I need to debug, I just connect it with a cable to my mac and debug in chrome.