We have an Ionic v4/Angular app.
A number of users have reported that during a particular operation (selecting and then uploading a video), the app screen will suddenly “go white” and reloading the app is the only way to do anything again.
- The app is not crashing. If left open, the background operation continues and appears to finish.
- Absolutely nothing is visible on the screen. It is just plain white.
- Have not been able to reproduce this issue in a dev build of the app.
- Our error reporting system (Rollbar, JS within the app) doesn’t report anything.
- Historically, when we had issues with WebKit, the app would crash. Therefore, I question that WebKit has a major issue.
Any ideas on how to continue forward to debug the issue? Our next idea is to add additional debugging within the app and see where things are going, but how do we figure out what’s going on if Rollbar already isn’t giving us anything.