Intermittent white screen of death errors on browsers and devices

So we are stuck on something weird. We have 3 devs getting intermittent white screens of death on both the browser and on devices(Android).

Nothing shows up in the console on both browser and device so not sure where to start on debugging this?

On browser this is really uncommon…

Did you remote debug the problem on the device already? Follow these instructions here to debug the problem in Chrome dev tools: https://ionic.zone/debug/remote-debug-your-app#android Look at the console and network tabs for errors.

Thanks for the feedback @Sujan12

I did that already. Nothing shows up in both the network and console.

That’s bad :confused:

Then I would tackle the issue from the browser side as it is easier to debug.

Do you have any other information than “white screen”?
Any console errors?
Any network errors?
What is the source code of the site in that moment?
Ad blocker installed in the browser maybe?

It seems more likely to occur when we have data in @ionic\Storage

So it doesnt happen when the user has no data in Storage for example and access token. When we clear the storage either in the browser or through clearing the app data on a device we are able to log back in.

Any time I hear the word “intermittent”, I suspect a race condition. Carefully examine all your interaction with storage (and other platform things) and make sure that the platform/storage is ready when you try to access it.

I just got this error. Thought I’d share as it sounds relevant and have seen it once or twice before?

It sounds like it could be relevant?

console.js:26 ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): InvalidStateError: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': The database connection is closing.
Error: Failed to execute 'transaction' on 'IDBDatabase': The database connection is closing.
1 Like

Just some feedback on this. One of my team members tracked it down to a promise that was not correctly implemented. When it successfully returned an empty result it wouldnt resolve and would just hang.

That took some serious debugging and hair pulling :sweat_smile:

Still not sure on that transaction error but this is sorted now.

Please mark it as resolved.

1 Like