Scroll under header requirement?

When I use the has-header (and has-subheader) attributes the scroll “view port” gets shifted down by the set height of the headers.

That’s probably fine for most instances but I think it should change padding rather than positioning to cater for all instances.

Why?! I hear you ask. Well I’d like content to scroll under the header because my header is see-through (iOS7-esq), and using padding rather than positioning would provide this without impacting other’s implementations (I think).

E.g.

2 Likes

This might also help with forms? Make it easier for the keyboard to pop-up and not shove the header out of the way?

Is there actually a common way to prevent moving the header out of the view? i have that problem too in forms when i focus an input field and the virtual keyboard shows up

This is the bane of all phonegap developers. It’s really all over the place with how each device and OS messes forms and views up.

In iOS 7, as long as you are using the standard Ionic views and meta tags, the header doesn’t move up. In iOS 6, it does. I have no fix for this. There are a million work around floating out there, but all of them tend to mess something else up. I’ve generally given up and just let it happen in iOS 6.

hey there,
what are the necessary properties in the config.xml? it seems it doesn’t matter what i put in there is no reaction.

can it be that with iOS 7.1 the problem came back? i did some different applications and the first definitely worked before iOS 7.1 and now after i updated i have the same problem with the header.

Make sure you have at least:

<preference name="fullscreen" value="true" />
<preference name="webviewbounce" value="false" />
<preference name="UIWebViewBounce" value="false" />
<preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true" />

You may want to install the status bar plugin as well. Unfortunately, I can’t test anything on device right now. The new Xcode 5.1 killed me.