Scroll and Pull to refresh not working on Chrome, working on Firefox

My Ionic app’s scroll and pull to refresh functionality are not working on Chrome, but are working on Firefox.

This changed only 2 days ago. I think maybe because of a Chrome update (Version 45.0.2454.85 m (64-bit)).

I tried node.js 0.10, then 0.12 again.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ionic and Cordova.
Tried incognito mode or turning off all chrome extensions.

Still can’t get it to work. Same with other apps I have tried to build.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Colin

Firefox:

Chrome:

Chrome with Console:

1 Like

Possibly the same issue we had, our hacky workaround is described here: Problems getting scroll events in Chrome on a touchscreen laptop

Oh - I actually do have a touchscreen laptop, so that may be the same issue.

Were there no side-effects to replacing touch OR mouse events to just mouse events when using phone/tablet devices? Would they still detect touch events in the same way (I am not sure how much optimization Ionic puts into touch event handling, such as delays, etc.)

Thank you for sending it to me though. I will test across devices. If it is only touch laptops that are affected, it is not a primary issue to start.

Yep, it seems to be working for us. My logic was that there just wouldn’t be any mouse events, so it would be ok to subscribe in those cases. I haven’t seen any downside to it yet, but am definitely trying to poll the ionic community to see if there’s a better fix. :smile: